How can I swap to a 2001+ Stereo

95.0Stang

Feb 20, 2003
Kansas
I was wondering what it would take to swap from the stock 94 GT AM/FM/Cass set up to a 2001+ stereo setup.

Obviously I need the head unit, and the Radio/Vent trim piece, but beyond that what else should I need to do???

Does anybody have one for sale???

• Sponsors (?)

If you have the stock system, they should be interchangeable. I don't have the wiring diagrams, though, and I'm not positive as to what they changed, if anything, when they changed to the 1.5 din unit. That, and the bezel, like you mentioned, should be it.

BBrinks said:
If you have the stock system, they should be interchangeable. I don't have the wiring diagrams, though, and I'm not positive as to what they changed, if anything, when they changed to the 1.5 din unit. That, and the bezel, like you mentioned, should be it.

Dude, I think you have my old car....laser red.....I last saw it in a Best Buy parking lot in Bloomington? :jaw: Lemme know how she's doing....

Look familiar?
mustang1.jpg

She's been great over the last year and a half. It's in storage over the winter right now, and I've been doing some things to it. Besides the stereo, aluminum driveshaft(stock one bent), stock h-pipe :( (had to sell O/R X cause of emissions), tires, and some interior stuff, I haven't really changed much. What ever happened to the truck? I noticed in your sig you got another mustang. I think if I ever got rid of the car I'd miss it, too. It's been a great car, though. You took really good care of it when you had it.

Sorry to hijack your thread. The 2001+ bezels mount to the front the same as ours, but I can't remember how/if they mount to the rear of the dash, but they don't use the bracket that extends under the head unit and bolts to the back like ours.