How Come Lx Cost More Then Gt

Discussion in '1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-' started by Killa, May 2, 2014.

1. both hatchback, but I see LX 5.0 cost more then gt 5.0 , why is that ?
  2. I fail to see any tech data in here... :rolleyes:
    tannerc91gt likes this.
  3. it seems to be that a lot of people seem to prefer the slimmed down LX's over the GT's, although i have no idea why. :scratch:
  4. Because the cars are old enough now that price is based on preference and not sticker math
  5. Its just better with chedder!!!:banana: Now let the war commence!!!:burnout:
    Grabbin' Asphalt likes this.
  6. LX dust ya' shoulders off whaut whaut :stir:
    90lxwhite likes this.
  7. oh god, my 85 gt does feel a bit heavy ( bulky ) to my 89 LX 5.0
  9. LX hatchback, or ftw

#10 jAEded, May 2, 2014
    Last edited: May 2, 2014
  10. Most of the GTs I see these days are beat down ragged out piles of poop. Clean, well maintained and nicely modded ones are hard to find.

With that said, I dislike most GTs unless they fall into the latter category.
  11. Like previously said, it's all about preference. Most people prefer the styling of the LX, if not the weight savings of the notchback.

12. Look at the production #s. I got them some where but im not looking for them right now. There were less Lx 5.0s built. Most Lx's are 4's or v6s. They are lighter, have cleaner lines and they look better. well I think so:stick:
    FordRacing302 and cdurbin like this.
  13. yall forgot one thing, insurance is about 10 - 20 dollar cheaper then the GT ;)
    cdurbin likes this.
  14. I think we can all agree this: nuttin worse to look at than a notch. Man those are hard on the eyes.
  15. I'll stick to my GT

16. Me Too!
    Funny, people have always told me that LX's are lighter and faster than GT's. Funny, people have always told me that hardtops are lighter and faster than verts. LMFAO
    I just LAUGH because my old GT vert doesn't feel heavy and sluggish at all;).
    #17 Onefine88, May 3, 2014
    Last edited: May 3, 2014
  17. Once you stiffen a very they are nearly as quick as the hard tops. It's the chassis flex and usually the aod that kills them.
  18. My stock AOD kills the fun with its granny shifts :(

My GT is old and run down but it'll be fixed soon :nice:. Just needs a paint job now that the interior is coming along nicely. Along with an engine and tranny rebuild.

I don't like LXs. They look like naked mustangs.
  19. I tend to run faster when I'm naked. :banana:
    krazedstang and dnbonds like this.