How come we don't have a classified forum?

Should we have a V6 Classified section?

• I think a Classified forum would be great!

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No Sales In the Forums(damnit) !!!

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

'66 coupe

Founding Member
Aug 7, 2000
Lakeland, Fl.
We have one in the classic section, and it works really well. I realize the classic world is much different in parts availability. But I think it would go over well over here.
We'd just need rules like:
-Car parts only(No X-box, paintball guns, etc...)
-Mention Location
-No false advertising(50hp CAI's)
-Maybe a minimum post count(to keep people from just coming in and screwing over dedicated members, and leaving).

I know people get torn a new a-hole when they make a classified post in Tech or Talk. But I personally like knowing what is out there, and I don't always have time to search the Stangnet classifieds. In the Classic Classified forums, you just click on, and see if there are any new threads.

Maybe the Admins are afraid that being V6 owners we'll just be selling neons, wings, and vinyl kits.:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

zincyellow03 said:
I think the classifieds are only for the Classics section. I think the reason there are no V6 classifieds or for any other ones is because it would be just a repost of stangnet's classified area.

Visit the Classic Classifieds: http://forums.stangnet.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150

You will see a couple things that, IMO, make this a better idea than the Stangnet Classifieds.
1) The ability to be kept up to date on the availability of stuff being offered(IE: seller posts when items are sold).
2) The ability to ask the seller questions.

And Lastly, like I said, it's just easier to check up on new stuff. I don't go to the Stangnet classifieds and look for particular parts. But the way the Classic Classifieds are set up, you can just see what's new when you're surfing the Talk and Tech forums. If you come across something you need, or just a good deal, you can jump on it even though you weren't particularly looking for it. We also wouldn't have to worry about 90% of the stuff being for 5.0's, 4.6's, or Foxbody cars like you deal with in the Stangnet Classifieds.
I think that the forum would create a much better selling environment than the Stangnet Classifieds since the V6es are such a small portion of the hobby.

Good to hear your input though.

[quote='66 coupe]Visit the Classic Classifieds: http://forums.stangnet.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150

You will see a couple things that, IMO, make this a better idea than the Stangnet Classifieds.
1) The ability to be kept up to date on the availability of stuff being offered(IE: seller posts when items are sold).
2) The ability to ask the seller questions.

And Lastly, like I said, it's just easier to check up on new stuff. I don't go to the Stangnet classifieds and look for particular parts. But the way the Classic Classifieds are set up, you can just see what's new when you're surfing the Talk and Tech forums. If you come across something you need, or just a good deal, you can jump on it even though you weren't particularly looking for it. We also wouldn't have to worry about 90% of the stuff being for 5.0's, 4.6's, or Foxbody cars like you deal with in the Stangnet Classifieds.
I think that the forum would create a much better selling environment than the Stangnet Classifieds since the V6es are such a small portion of the hobby.

Good to hear your input though.[/quote]

I agree with you with what you said, because when I visit the midwest area, sometimes there are some really good deals on it. I doubt it would happen, but maybe if we get a patition? Maybe the mods *cough cough* can suggest it to the
administrators?

Lsredy2kstang said:
Well, at one time there was a sub section for classifieds. Then it disappeared. I did not see much need for it, but i will check on it for you.

T

hmm...I must have missed that time. Apparently there's not TOO much interest in it.
I mean I'm sure it'd get used. I just figured with all the people that break the "No Sales in the Forums" Rule, there'd be more interest than this.