How did everyone do this year at FFW??

showstopper2

Founding Member
Apr 16, 2001
New Bedford, Ma.
Got a ton of compliments for being the only Orange 04 with Black Bullitts on it. I was amazed how many people came up to talk to me just about that. it was the first time out with my current car and combo and stock street tires. I ran 3 times and got much better each run. need traction badly since I had to leave at idle to keep somewhat planted.

ran 13.49@108 2.3 60ft
then 12.96@111 2.1 60ft
then 12.79@113 2.0 60ft

definately more ET and some MPH left in the car if it hooks up. gotta convince the wifey that she needs to buy me DR's. Tasca Day should be a blast. can't wait to get a few more slips and see if I can improve it some more.

Big thanks to Mike Dez for tuning the car and helping me make the big power it does. and also my brother for helping me install the parts and letting me borrow his trailer for the weekend.

• Sponsors (?)

I got a top 20 award from the car show on Saturday. I also scored the Editor's choice award from Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords (1903-1979) with my 1979 Cobra. It was also photographed by Rod Short and hopefully will be in an upcoming issue.

As for racing, I did that too. On my first run, I ran an embarassing 16.50 @ 100 mph. The tires wouldn't stop spinning until I was halfway through 2nd gear. :notnice: I then turned the wheel over to my twin brother (Retro 5.0) who then ran a 14.1 @ 102 mph and also a 14.4 @ 100 (missing 3rd gear both times.)

We're hoping to install my rear upper/lower control arms and the 8.8 rear with 4.30 gears and head back up for Tasca day. Hopefully, some day I'll be running in the 12.70's like his '85 GT does. :hail2:

I ran in street stang and for anyone who watched the class or saw us in the staging lanes, I had the white LX with the words "STREET RADIALS" written on the hatch glass. My reason, they made the class and said street radials only, so I played by the rules and after 3 cars made it in with ET Streets (one had DRs) they changed the rules to allow race tires. I still protested and ran my 17" street radials, and did pretty good.

I qualified 2nd and placed 2nd at the end of the night. Best pass was a 12.999 @ 107.62 but the car did trap 107.91 on a 13.2 run. I was happy the little stock headed, stock cammed, daily driver is running so well!

i had a blast but im a still not sure how fast the car will run! Im about 99% sure i could get in the 13s but my TT was a 15.1!! so i had to work around that i then ran 14.44, 14.404 both on a 14.4 dial and a 14.1! on a 14.35 dial which i lost on cause i broke out so bad. my short track times are horrible as i was going easy off the line and then my mph was low cause i was hitting the brakes! but im selling my lincoln and hopefully i will have a blower in asap!!!

I made it through the storm on Saturday.. Got a Top 25 award in the car show and then drove home through the passing storm for 2 hours only to come back Sunday with the top down.. Sunday did not fair as well for winning but watching the people hit the wall on the track made up for that.. J/K ..

Alot of people seem pissed at how NED prepped the track (or lack of it).. This was a hot subject even last night at the local cruise night in Garden City Cranston.

All in all the weekend was a blast, even driving in the rain for once had it's moments that I won't forget soon.

And I have to give mention to Tom and Sean who braved the rain with me on Saturday and then followed up again on Sunday.. (Next time we've got to stay in Manchester and party with the Untouchables) . :nice:

-Joe

myself and everyone in our club had a good time. We dident race but some of us did enter the car show. Our friend chirs took home editors choice for best turbo stang, props to him :nice: . It was the white 91 LX w/ the Turbo and black interior. We were more into showing the cars then running them on the track, we can go to the track anytime, its not to often you get to show your car at a show as the caliber of FFW.

I won the Street Stang class. Of course as 25thmustang said there was some controversy over the tires they allowed. I originally had street radials on but when they said they would allow any DOT tire I switched to ET Streets.