How do I get GT performance from a 6?

Mean03V6

Jan 28, 2004
Houston, Texas
I'm sure that's the question that has come over a lot of people in this forum. My real question is, besides the modifications that I currently have, what can I do to my car to get a little (or a lotta) extra power for not so much money? I was thinking of putting on a 70mm throttle body, but I read somewhere on here that it would be a bad idea since the stock tb can handle 300 hp. Is that true? And if so, what direction should I head to next? I don't think I will be able to swing a supercharger for a LONG TIME, if ever. Thanks very much for any advice. :cheers:

• Sponsors (?)

Mean03V6 said:
Also, what kind of hp do u think I'm sitting on right now? My chip isn't in just yet, since I'm still working some kinks out with the warranty and such. Thanks again.

i know about the warranty...i have 24,000 more miles to go till mines over.. haha... but its worth it

I think the cheapest next mod would be an UD Pulley. I found it to be a good solid mod when I put mine on, and Don't let anyone tell you the car won't charge properly, It's BS. Gears is probably the best mod I have done to date, they are a little bit more but well worth it if you can save up for it.

If oyu want newer GT performance, you'll need to swap the cam and heads for better ones.

Thanks a ton for all the advice. I've been thinking about the ud pullies as well, but there are so many horror stories out there about them. Of course, there's horror stories about every part..lol. That said, who makes a good set of pullies for our 3.8?

if you are talking about handling then we are up if not better than a stock gt (giving we have godo tires and rims....) but for peroformance we start out life at a 1.2 second disadvantage, the first .6-.8 is easy the other ~ half second is hard.

if you want to spend 3000 bucks on the top end of the motor you can have a car that will put out 225rwhp and 235rwtq~ (pre 99 or 99 up) and be right up with a stock gts performance numbers.

if you really want those numbers buy a GT for just a faster ride that is decent with boltons and what not the v6 is a good choice.

GREENBIOCH said:
I think the cheapest next mod would be an UD Pulley. I found it to be a good solid mod when I put mine on, and Don't let anyone tell you the car won't charge properly, It's BS. Gears is probably the best mod I have done to date, they are a little bit more but well worth it if you can save up for it.

If oyu want newer GT performance, you'll need to swap the cam and heads for better ones.

You know, it seems every time I try to buy parts for my car, the performance part stores all just go :shrug: . I haven't been able to find a manufacturer who makes pullies for anything newer than a '98. I'd sure appreciate it if anyone knows what company I should look into. Also, I went to purchase a strut bracer bar for my car and they told me that no one makes that yet either. :bang:

thats all a bunch of crap feed to you by people who dont know anything. go to www.rpm-mustangs.com for your pulley needs he has a disclaimer fo rthe 00 year you need to check which harmonid balancer you need other than that its easy..

for all your suspention needs go to www.maximummotorsports.com and if you just want a few this or thats in the handling area just get a gt take off from a junk yard any 94-04 will fit.