Fox How Do I Get The Hatch To Stop Squeaking

nickpic

Advanced Member
Jul 5, 2009
Stony Point NY
my 92 LX hatch is squeaking like crazy. some days are worse than others. i have replaced the gasket seal, bumpers, and bump pads. the only thing that helped was the gasket seal but that only lasted like a month. i tried setting the bumpers to all different heights but none of that made a difference. any tips or tricks i can try?

• Sponsors (?)

Did you replace the hatch striker bushing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I didn't think 92's had one. I will have to get one.
Weld it shut.

But honestly, try some silicone spray (very little) on the seal.
I'll give it a shot. I tried a light coating of detail interior dressing and it did nothing.
How is the fit? Does it line up everywhere it's supposed to?
It lines up just about perfect from what I can tell.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I didn't think 92's had one. I will have to get one.

Well I guess I meant to say what is the condition of the striker pin? Is it worn out?

e6e9c418a118fee3e9e7203272cd7120.jpg

No bushing on 91-93

Reactions: 1 user
my 92 LX hatch is squeaking like crazy. some days are worse than others. i have replaced the gasket seal, bumpers, and bump pads. the only thing that helped was the gasket seal but that only lasted like a month. i tried setting the bumpers to all different heights but none of that made a difference. any tips or tricks i can try?

Buy a coupe:banana:

Reactions: 1 user
Well I guess I meant to say what is the condition of the striker pin? Is it worn out?

e6e9c418a118fee3e9e7203272cd7120.jpg

No bushing on 91-93

It looks like it may have seen better days. I'll buy one next order I place.

Thanks
Buy a coupe:banana:
I tried but couldn't find one in my price range that wasn't rotted out or hacked up. Came close to buying a real nice 93 notch but noticed the one strut tower was damn near missing lol

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited: