How Do I Install Mustang Projector Halo Headlights for a 1994 GT?

Coke1250

Apr 4, 2007
I was wondering if anyone has ever installed the projector halo headlights on a 94-98 Mustang and if so I was wondering if someone could give instructions on how to install them properly? thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

:lol:

Thats the first thought that came to my mind as well when I read the title.

Have you gotten these already, or are you thinking of ordering a set? If the latter, I'm certain plenty of guys here can talk you out of getting them. If you already got them, well, I can't help you much but there are a few guys here that can give you pointers on how to make suck less. I think you have to use thin washers behind the lamp assemblies to shim them so they aim semi-properly.

I have only heard people say that they're crapola
but they look cool....

The Green GT will have some words about this, I'm sure. :D

He might have done a write-up on his automodding website too.

Good luck.

**** projectors.

Im getting new lights in this week.I like the projectors, but quality is crap.

BUT If you REALLY wanna know how to hook them up Ill tell you. This is for the one piece ones.

Material needed:
Wire cutter/splicer, butt splicers, elec tape, 3 days free time, 11 or 12 MM box end socket. Hammer or long cresent wrench.

First just wire them up. You have to wire the halo and that little light on the inside to the marker lights. Find the ground that is grounded when the markers are on, dont ground it on the lfashing ground, cause your halo and the other light will flash lol.

Then put them in, check the aim, and heres the best part. You cant aim them when they are installed (unless you got the 2 piece ones. The one piece ones have the bottom adjusting screw blocked). So you have to take them out and slightly adjust them, and put them back in and check it and repeat about 20 times. This is where the box end wrench and hammer/wrench come in hand. Put the box end of the wrench over the black thing on the screw and it pushes the tabs in, then you can easily pop the thing out.

Repeat
Repeat
Repeat
Repeat
Repeat
Repeat
Repeat
Repeat
Repeat
Repeat
Repeat
Repeat

I have also heard of someone using a washer and wingnut instead of the black tabs too, but Im not sure how that would not move around.

Good luck. Youll need it. :nice:

Make sure you grease the clips to avoid breaing them while installing them. If you don't grease em it'll be prone to breaking and will make you want to smash them with a hammer, instead of waiting to see what they look like and seeing the lack of lighting and smashing them with a hammer after that point.

I was wondering if anyone has ever installed the projector halo headlights on a 94-98 Mustang and if so I was wondering if someone could give instructions on how to install them properly? thanks.

Instructions? Simple. Don't. Been there done that and almost lost $$$ over it. They are total crapola .

Make sure you grease the clips to avoid breaing them while installing them. If you don't grease em it'll be prone to breaking and will make you want to smash them with a hammer, instead of waiting to see what they look like and seeing the lack of lighting and smashing them with a hammer after that point.

I had to glue my lights together about 15 times.

No joke. The tabs the screws mount to kept breaking.

According to 'The Green GT''s post you do it with an indian guy and a baseball bat in the middle of some field...

...I have no idea how that's done, but I don't wanna find out.

If you really want to get projectors, then get the Depo brand ones. They are the only ones I have heard were pretty good. I have seen a few APC ones that have held up, but the one piece ones are off limits.

DON'T GET THEM!!! :bang:

...GUYS, HOW DID THEY FOOL US ALL.... Agreed, they suck!

i pulled the push clip deals off and put nuts and washers on, a nut and lock nut to keep it from going in too far, and then a washer and same on the back side... and you just gotta play with it alot to get it to a decent aim....

the TRICK TO GETTING LIGHT OUT OF THEM!!! ..... IS .... turn on your brights, install them and aim the brights slightly down of where they should be so you don't piss off everyone... then always drive with your brights on. this is the ONLY way!

and the quality plastic is terrible. ...im getting stock lights again very soon!