How do I leave the line straight?

I want this
Picture20215.jpg

Not this
Picture20220.jpg

I was talking to a friend about this and he said I would need an anti roll bar and a spool and the car will leave straight. I drive my car on the street and I dont want a spool or a locker, does that matter? My car has subframe connectors now and I'm going to get a set of uppers and lowers, drag springs, and shocks soon. I was looking at Lakewood 90/10's and 50/50's but I thought about getting the Strange adjustables so I can tune them better. What do you guys think?

Thanks,
Frankie

Attachments

• Picture20215.jpg
    Picture20215.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 68
  • Picture20220.jpg
    Picture20220.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 81
  • Sponsors (?)

get anti roll bar..there sole purpose is to do just that and keep car lifting straight. you may also want to invest in a pan hard bar or some kind of trac locater. I havent driven my car with the anti roll bar installed yet but I have several friends who swear the difference was the most noticeable change they made. might clunk a little on street use and I believe most manufacturers including wolfe recommend removing drop links when street driving.

get anti roll bar..there sole purpose is to do just that and keep car lifting straight. you may also want to invest in a pan hard bar or some kind of trac locater. I havent driven my car with the anti roll bar installed yet but I have several friends who swear the difference was the most noticeable change they made. might clunk a little on street use and I believe most manufacturers including wolfe recommend removing drop links when street driving.

Best advice on this thread, and do unhook the anti-roll bar when driving on the street. Oh and thru the floor sub's tied into a cage wouldnt hurt.

I read in an mmff mag with a stang that only had about 300hp, wouldn pull the wheels off the ground but not that high but it is posable, but had a killer suspension and the car was mostly gutted. you'll need some sticky tires, chasses stiffening, good suspension set up, (will most likely drive lousy on the street), rear gears and a good motor. :nice:

Thanks for all of the replies! How much do through-the-floor subframes and a 4 point cage usually run? I was told a cage can be anywhere from $300-$600 per point.

So You want your stock 90Lx to launch like picture #1? I think you are going to need 425RWHP aswell as the above suspension mods to do that.

I was using those pics as an example. I want to get the suspension set up so the car doesnt twist when leaving the line.

anti rolll bar, panhard bar and some subframe connectors.

I've seen panhard bars on F-Bodies, S197 stangs, older Mustangs set up for road race but I havent seen them on a drag Mustang. Arent they more for lateral load than straight line acceleration?

Pan hard bar assist with lateral load and thats just the kind of load you will be battling. If you stiffen chassis and add lift assist like an anti roll bar you rear end being a four link setup will still want to track laterally given one tire hooks up better then another which your car will lift straight but still might want to veer to one side even without body roll so you add a track locator of some sort like a pan hard bar and it will keep the rear end square under the rear of car and allow the rest of the suspension do its thing. If you jsut have street car and dont plan on alot of track time the airbag trick might be cheap alternative but if you are gonna spend some time at track and plan on some power later build solid foundation now. I think my anti roll bar was about 3004 and a pan hard is a little less even good one from like maximum motorsports. roll cage/bar differ in pricing from who you buy it from and who you have install it. Im in california and have a close friend who fabricates so he installed mine and I bought a wolfe race craft kit. they are one of the nicer ones but cost also. check out wilde rides racecars....good pricing and good customer service. sorry for long post.