How do I record sound and get it on my computer for you guys to hear?

danimaltheanima

Dec 3, 2003
Hey there fellas. Sorry I havn't been in the forums for a while, I had to re-format my computer. Well I finally fired up what I call project venom and I would love nothing more than to share my joy with you all. I have never recorded sound and put it on my computer, so if anyone can tell me how to do it and what to use to do it that would be great. Then I will get it on here for you all.

Car only needs a paint job, exhaust, rims/tires and the ground up project venom, "the poisenous one," (or should I say two) is done.

www.geocities.com/danimaltheanimal2002/poisenousone.html?1078904589352

• Sponsors (?)

Depends on your sound card and whatever sound equipment you have.

Easiest would be a microphone and extension cable.

If you have a boom box with cassette & built in mic or plug in mic, you can record the sound onto tape.

Next, you'll need to splice together (or just go to Radio Shack) two headphone or microphone jacks.

Plug one end into the headphone hole on the cassette player and the other into the microphone hole on the back of the computer's sound card.

Finally open the C:\windows\sndrec32 application on your windows computer, select "new" hit record then play back the sound clip on the cassette player.

:shrug:

BTW, I'd love to see your project some time. Ever go to any car shows near Rockford?

T0BASC032 said:
Plug one end into the headphone hole on the cassette player and the other into the microphone hole on the back of the computer's sound card.

I think it would need put into the external source jack as the microphone jack has it's own power and may not handle power being put into it..

OTOH the mic jack may work fine. I guess it would depend on the sound card.

T0BASC032 said:
If you have a boom box with cassette & built in mic or plug in mic, you can record the sound onto tape.

Next, you'll need to splice together (or just go to Radio Shack) two headphone or microphone jacks.

Finally open the C:\windows\sndrec32 application on your windows computer, select "new" hit record then play back the sound clip on the cassette player.

:shrug:

BTW, I'd love to see your project some time. Ever go to any car shows near Rockford?

I Agree
The one way is mic with long cable might be a 2 person job
or
record the sounds with your cassette player/boom box
then connect a cable (make sure its stereo It will have 3 sections at the tip) to the headphone jack on the boom box > to line-in or mic on the sound card

If you have winxp

sound recorder is located in the start menu under program files/accessories/entertainment

or just click start run sndrec32.exe

after recording save file It will be a *.wav file

Download a mp3 converter and convert the saved *.wav file to a *.mp3 wav's are very large

--just a side note sndrec has a 60 second limitiation if you need some a better program for the recording/editing PM me
good luck

-----T0BASC032 what part of IL are you in in? I'm in Belleville next to St louis