How do subframe connectors fit under there?

lman657

Aug 31, 2003
Hey guys, everyone raves over subframe connectors, and i'm just looking to check into them. I just don't understand where exactly they're welded in, and how they fit in, pictures anyone? Also, with the access of a TIG welder, and I could probably pick up come chromoly or mild steel, I'd be able to fabricate some if I needed, although they're awfully cheap. Lastly, how does, basically one rod with some plates on the end of it add to the torsional rigidity of a car? It seems,to me at least, that 2 shafts wouldn't dramatically reduce chassis "twist"? I'm not looking to start a big hubub debate, just looking to grasp the concept, thanks a bunch guys!

Lance

• Sponsors (?)

The white painted parts at this link are the subframes: http://www.alanchavis.com/oldsite/mmtapb/mmtapb3.htm

dcp_1737.jpg

Saleen201 said:
Great pictures, have you had a chance to drive the car with that set up? I remember reading somewhere in the link that you would be installing the panhard bar "tomorrow"? but i dont know how recent those are. Is it well worth all the money you put into the suspension?

That is not my car. I just put the pictures up to give you an idea of what they do and where they go.

-Jason

You can check out my subframe connectors by clicking on the PICS link in my signature. Look at the exhaust and suspension pages. They are Global West full length with the rocker rail support (I also have a torque arm brace that is connected to the SFC setup).

Hop