How do these 60ft's sound?

bad98sst

Feb 28, 2004
Me and my friend went to the track today for test and tune. He's got a 94 GT very auto with 80k on it. He's got off road h pipes flowmaster catback and the K&N induction kit. He was running on some very bald 245's. He went around the water box to avoid getting water in the radial tires and did a small burnout to heat them up a little. He only ran twice but both times he pulled a 2.3-2.4 60ft and ran a 15.5 at 90. The 60ft timea are obviously pretty bad but she he be expecting anything better with the tires and conditions? Just wondering what you guys thought. thanks, Patrick

• Sponsors (?)

bad98sst said:
Me and my friend went to the track today for test and tune. He's got a 94 GT very auto with 80k on it. He's got off road h pipes flowmaster catback and the K&N induction kit. He was running on some very bald 245's. He went around the water box to avoid getting water in the radial tires and did a small burnout to heat them up a little. He only ran twice but both times he pulled a 2.3-2.4 60ft and ran a 15.5 at 90. The 60ft timea are obviously pretty bad but she he be expecting anything better with the tires and conditions? Just wondering what you guys thought. thanks, Patrick

nah. the car is pretty much stock. cant expect too much

Thanks just makin sure. There was a kid there with a 95 gt coupe 5 speed 100k on it. He had shorty headers, off road h, flowmaster catback, bbk intake, and some ignition upgrades running on some nice 245's street tires and was pulling 1.9 60's and running in the 13.9s! Thought this was pretty impressive for a close to stock car. :shrug:

the problem is the stock stall is a piece of crap in the aod and aod-e

everyone will say "get gears, get gears, get gears" but a stall will be what it really needs to stay in the power band. Plus some gears will make that thing way more fun to drive and killer off the line.

on drag radials with a stall and gears, there is no reason why it shouldnt go 1.8x 60 foots consistantly

if he is staying auto I wouldnt waste money on any other mods that will just raise the trap a little higher when you can drastically change the car with those 2-3 mods.
Hqaving driven stalls auto cars, I can say there is nothing like ity, constant smooth power down the whole track. just plants you in your seat the entire tiime.

also, there is a rule of thumb when going with a new cam or stall, figure out what you think you will be comfortable with and go one step higher. You will get used to it after a week and wish you went bigger. this goes for stalls cams, etc etc

my roomate had a 3400 now he hass a 4K stall. obviously 4k is too big for your stock 5.0, but you see what I am saying. Yes this is his only car and daily driver.