How do u get Wheel Studs tight

• Sponsors (?)

i dont even know how they are affixed on stangs. on an S-10, they slid onto splines. so i just stuck a washer and nut on them, and pressed the happy button on the air gun. it pressed them right back in. just make sure the splines match up first.

like i said, i dont know if this is how the stang's are held on. if so, maybe it helps. if not, next post please. :)

Heres one way.. Put the stud through the back of the axle.. Put a bunch of large washers on stud (like 7-10 washers) thread the lug nut on and tighten it until the stud sits flush with the axle.. then just back the lug nut off.. Or tap the stud through the axle with a hammer.. Just don't damage anything

it should fit tight using the methods mentioned above.

It is possible that the axle has been re-studded so many times that it no longer has an interference fit with the stud. In this case, I would recommend that you discard the axle and get a new one.

Either way, it just presses in, use washers and a lug nut turned around, simple.

85 Coupe 5.0 said:
it should fit tight using the methods mentioned above.

It is possible that the axle has been re-studded so many times that it no longer has an interference fit with the stud.

That is what I assumed too, a couple of hits with the smoke wrench should take care of that.