how do you guys drive it in the snow?

What about these?

405417187_0f3fc4b5bb.jpg

The factory ride hight is horrible.

• Sponsors (?)

Here in NC, we don't get much snow, but this year they were calling for 2 inches of snow. They're normally full of crap, so I didn't pay much attention to it, but I did swap my wheels for the crappy ones that came on my car just in case we got a dusting. Whoever owned the car before me put some 205/50/17 all seasons on it, and while it looked goofy, they came in handy that day.

By the time I left work, we had 2+ inches on the ground, and by the time I got home, there was 7 inches on the ground. The tune that was in my car disable traction control, and I figured out after not going anywhere at a stoplight that wasn't going to work. Luckily I had my X3 in the center console, so I pulled the tune completely out, and turned the traction control back on.

With the combination of tall, skinny tires and traction control, I was able to slowly make my way home. I passed at least 3 Mustangs stuck going up hills driving on normal 245/45's, and a couple in the ditches. I attribute the fact that I made it home solely on the fact that I had traction control and had some tall skinny tires on it. My normal commute is 45 minutes, and that day it took me 3 hours to get home.

Now that I've said all that, this year if there's even a chance of snow, I'm driving my truck. Mustangs suck in the snow......

I gotta say though, a mustang w all seasons in snow is useless, unless you really want to crash. Don't do it. You can kind of move forward... At like 15mph and if you have to stop quicker than over 10 seconds or turn faster than -10mph then you just crashed your car into another car. Don't expect anything from this future readers if you have a SN95. You'd be almost better off on a forklift.

What about these?

405417187_0f3fc4b5bb.jpg
This is a fact. I drive a truck in the winter and on all seasons it has zero problems I don't even really have to use the 4 wheel drive unless I start going fast with it. I waited till the roads were cleared and took the Mustang down one street over in my neighborhood and it was extremely difficult to get there with only a couple inches on the ground and I couldn't get it to go over 10 miles per hour cuz I could feel it losing control and on the way back home I have a hill that slowly goes up maybe like 3 ft so it's only like a 5% incline and I couldn't make it back up it I had to end up having somebody push me while I carefully made my way up it. So that was fun. Every time I tried going up it kept just drifting sideways off the hill till ended up getting into the snow. I didn't let it get off the road or anyting but that's what happens.

i have had 3 cars in my life. a 1994 v6 mustang, a 2004 GT, and a 1999 cobra. all of them daily drivers, all of them my only car. i live in the chicago suburbs, and winter sucks, but i still truck through them in my mustangs. i have never had traction control in my stangs. the cobra does have it, but it doenst work, i actually prefer to not have it on actually anyway.

edit: btw, my tires are 245/45/17 blizzak ws-50's

this is how i did it last year.
30j18y1.jpg

dd0pw2.jpg

2vmwkty.jpg
I thought traction control makes snow driving worse? The tip is to turn it off isn't it? New Mustangs it's good but not SN95s.

I've driven pick-up trucks and mustangs in the snow...they are nothing alike. The pick-up was definitely more stable when in 2WD mode.

I've driven my Fox in the snow too back in 1998/1999. The Fox Mustangs are definitely more tricky in the snow than the SN95's. At least i had ABS and Traction control to give me a hand. In the fox, i had nothing. Every second i was driving that car in the snow, the rear was sideways. Nothing i did would keep it in line. The SN95 at least had an easier time, but where i live is hilly. Come to a stop facing uphill...and I was screwed even with snow tires. Like i said, i got tired of being stressed out every time it snowed. My commute is 26 miles each way. I just couldn't deal with it anymore after 10 years of snow-driving Mustangs.
Yeah nothing alike! There's things they say about trucks in snow, but I honestly don't know what they're talking about. I can drive faster and Corner faster and way better than anyone else on the road whenever I'm driving in the snow. Of course sometimes I see cars driving faster than me but I also know they're stupid and they obviously don't practice in driving in the snow good easy way to crash. I practice in my truck every time it snows and it literally cannot be stopped. I can go off-roading and climb Hills with all seasons that are covered in snow. Mustang on the other hand can't go over 10 miles per hour and can't drive in the snow period. I agree completely, no contest.

Ten year old thread back from the dead.
yeah it's almost as if people still own Mustangs and still need to drive them in the snow so they put "for future readers." oh wait did they stop selling Mustangs 10 years ago? And did it stop snowing around the world? As you can see obviously people still read this and if people read the bad information well...