how do you guys fit 245s???

• Sponsors (?)

on what size wheel. i think after 1990 they redesigned the wheel arches to accept larger rims and tires, however that still shouldn't affect it too much to where you cant even run 225's

Maybe the plastic inner wheelwell(s) on your car aren't properly secured, or something's up with your steering setup. I'm nowhere near rubbing with my stock-sized 225's, and I've run 245/50/R16's on Ponies before and never had even a hint of rub.

Look for rub marks on the plastic of the inner fenders and see if it's hanging low or something. Sometimes they're only held on by those cheap plastic push-in fasteners, or someone who might've removed the inner fender in the past got lazy/sloppy and didn't put all of the little bolts back in to hold it in place (especially if the car ever had any body work done to it).

i run 255/17's up front on my 87, lowered with steeda springs, steeda c/c plates and steeda x2 ball joints. using sn95 spindles. no rubbing. had to use limiters to avoid rubbing when at full lock.

Im running 245/50/16 Roadhugger GT-D's (<----- the ****tiest tires ive ever driven on in my life... breaks loose in 4th in the wet, and dont hook till 3rd when dry, and my car is close to stock) and their fine most of the time. I dont even rub lock to lock, but i do rub when going over real bad bumps, it rubbs the inner fender lining.