How Do You Guys Get The Wife Off Your Ass When You Want To Work On The Car?

Discussion in '1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-' started by Modular2v, May 22, 2013.

1. 1low03gt

1low03gt Member

It use to be easy, and she was very supportive, but now, it's getting hard too..... especially since we have 3 kids. But i do manage to get my time in.... I have too, it's theorapy in some ways, and an escape from the outside world's daily b.s.

2. bhuff30

Founding Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    I don't want to preach, or tell you how to live, but... No matter the situation, DV is not acceptable. For yourself, just get out if that's happening.

As for getting time to work on the car: I work really hard to keep up with things in the family, at work and in the home. Unless it is a an emergency repair, I don't work on the car if things aren't caught up. As others said, I will do much of my work while my wife is busy with something else.

Modular2v likes this.
  3. vertigasen

vertigasen Active Member

My wife has been great, but she gains from it. For every "unnecessary" dollar I spend on my car, I have to give her the same in cash. She stays happy, and so do I. It isnt cheap, but it works......don't even ask how much I have paid her so far.

I am also deployed a lot. I have been gone over 220 days in the last year....she knows the car is a huge stress relief when I get home. As long as I spend time with the family, she doesn't care after that.

4. Gearbanger 101

Gearbanger 101 Straight Outta Locash
    Super Mod

My GF is cool with me spending all kinds of time on my car. Her only stipulation, is that she gets to drive it after I'm done working on it. It's not so bad though. She drives a standard better than most guys I know. :D

5. Modular2v

Founding Member

Its funny because she even ****es about it when I change the oil on it. She keeps going back to, "you should have grown out of that kinda stuff when you were 19" . I have now made it a point to NOT change the oil on her car. We will see how "immature" I am when her engine locks up.