How do you make your loved ones understand...

• Sponsors (?)

Haha.. thank you all for the responses.

He told me today that the reason he doesn't want me to buy it because he wants me to wait a year and get one when they are cheaper, but I want to have it built from Ford, plus it seems like people are getting near close to invoice prices using X Plan and I believe I have access to one now.

I think he just doesn't see the value in buying a new car.

I not a huge fan of buying new. Make a compromise. When they get to be $x dollars, say 25K or less or whatever you both agree on, then you can get one. Your car will not drop much more in value while the new one will depreciate more. So you get one 8 months old (maybe 6 months)...you will have it for years.

Plus you will see if there are any recalls etc for early production.

If you are a member of the Mustang Club of America, you qualify for X plan pricing. I have been getting X plan for years through some friends. I just read in the latest Mustang Times that Mustang Club of America members now qualify. That will knock a couple thousand off the price.

My wife has absolutely NO interest in my car, car shows, cruises etc. She won't even ride in the car - it's too rough/loud/hard to see out of. She complained once about the parts I was buying and found out that that wasn't a good idea. Sometimes I think it would be nice if she showed some interest but its just not her thing. We've been together for 30 years so I'm pretty sure it's not a deal breaker.

Break a deal, FACE THE WHEEL!!!

I have been waiting forever to say that to someone :D

Haha.. thank you all for the responses.

He told me today that the reason he doesn't want me to buy it because he wants me to wait a year and get one when they are cheaper, but I want to have it built from Ford, plus it seems like people are getting near close to invoice prices using X Plan and I believe I have access to one now.

I think he just doesn't see the value in buying a new car.

Speaking for experience I am going to have to half-ass agree with that.
I will NEVER buy another domestic car brand new again especially a Mustang which are a dime a dozen. I hate to say this but too many things now happened with the car (from Ford not from my doing) that made the extra money I had to pay for a "new" one be a ripoff.

I don't think my soon to be hubby understands my Mustang obsession, it's mostly my fault because I became bored with my 2003 GT but now I really really want a 2011 Mustang GT. I test drove one and it revived my love for these cars that I've had for so long. He just doesn't understand that I NEED this car haha. Anyone else in the same boat? Anyone have any successes in convincing their loved ones? I imagine several people are in the same situation with the new 5.0's coming out.

You could apply the old adage that, "It's often easier to get forgiveness than permission."

your not going to convince any guy in his 20s who's ideal car is an audi (the vanilla euro)
maybe tell him your willing to start with a smaller house, or wedding to compensate for the car

Hahaha.. I've always been a fan of this!

We are going on a trip this weekend to a friends wedding.. 14 hour drive there and back. If I don't have him convinced by then, I give up!

LOL tell him that the new 5.0 is going to get WAY BETTER GAS MILEAGE then your car that'll do it :)

If that doesn't work resort to it's roomier,

And if that doesn't work either mention the 5 star crash rating all around

If that doesn't work still you're dealing with a major ass fuddy duddy so you're up the creek. :eek:

If you are a member of the Mustang Club of America, you qualify for X plan pricing. I have been getting X plan for years through some friends. I just read in the latest Mustang Times that Mustang Club of America members now qualify. That will knock a couple thousand off the price.

I'm not a current member, but if I sign up do you know if I can get an X plan pin instantly or does it take time or do you have to be a member for so long?

LOL tell him that the new 5.0 is going to get WAY BETTER GAS MILEAGE then your car that'll do it :)

If that doesn't work resort to it's roomier,

And if that doesn't work either mention the 5 star crash rating all around

If that doesn't work still you're dealing with a major ass fuddy duddy so you're up the creek. :eek:

Haha.. actually that might help because I do some light traveling for my job. I usually knock out about 200-250 miles a week driving to work and any jobs that I have to do, so being safer and getting better gas mileage are great things!

I don't know how quick you could get a number. You might check the club's Web site to see if it says anything about it.
Anyone who works for Ford or is retired from Ford can also get you a number.

Tonight we sat down for a quick dinner before he had to head off to his midnight shift and I laid out the facts..

I went to my local ford dealer earlier in the day and verified that I could get X Plan -750 rebate brochure -500 instant offer and my sales dealer agreed that this would put it below invoice and showed me the invoice price.

I explained this to the future hubby and how I calculated up our bills and how we can easily afford it no problems.

HE SAID YES!!

WOMEN ALWAYS GET THEIR WAY! hahahah jk! I am sooooo excited. We are going to order it on Monday, dealership requires a 1k deposit.

I am going to make him test drive one before we order it, and I'm having him help me decide if I want side scoops/hood scoop or not. He seems interested in helping me make decisions so I feel like he didn't just give in. He said because of the rebates and the X Plan is why he's okay with it! I feel like he's slowly getting interested now!

Thanks all for listening to my rant. When I got home I was thinking about how this has been my dream for over 10 years. I've owned a few mustangs in that time, but never one brand new exactly how I wanted it and never with 412 horses under the hood :)

You sound just like me, only my fiancee supports my car hobby because she knows it's something I love. But it has to be WITHIN reason. We just committed to buy a $200,000 house and I am still in school getting my Masters. Plus we get married next may. Plus my S2000 only has 80k miles and gets 23+ mpg, and she loves the very. She also needs a new car before I do, as her 04 Jetta has almost 120k miles on it (we drive it everywhere and keep miles off the S).

You did the right thing though. You did your research, followed through, and approached him as an equal with JUST the facts. My hat's off to you, and enjoy the new car. I might get one next year after the reviews are out and the word on the 2012 Boss is leaked.