How do you remove the 'open door' dinger

Discussion in '1994 - 1995 Specific Tech' started by machine1515, May 10, 2010.

1. machine1515

machine1515 New Member

I often want to have the drivers door open AND listen to the radio. Well the combination of the key in and the drivers door open makes a 'dinging' noise.

Does anyone know how to remove this noise maker from under the dash? And does this same noise maker also notify the driver of the headlights remaining on after the keys are taken out?

94 GT Vert. Manual

2. HISSIN50

HISSIN50 "How long does it take to get help in here?
    SN Certified Technician

I disconnected the leg going to the lock cylinder and the door can be open with the key on (no ding). Turning on the parking lights makes it ding though.

3. Last5.0

Last5.0 Active Member

I taped up the contact in a harness under the dash below the steering column/above the pedals, or you could cut the wire. I'll take a pic later today and post it up. I do believe it also disables the lights on dinger, but not exactly sure and will check on that also.

EDIT: I found this info in an old post on the Corral...

....but instead of cutting the wire I unplugged the harness and put electrical tape over the metal contact for that black/purple stripe wire then plugged the harness back together. Been that way for probably 13 years or so and no problems.

4. machine1515

machine1515 New Member

Thats great, I will have to try that when I get home

5. machine1515

machine1515 New Member

So cutting the black wire with the purple stripe gets rid of the chime for the open door as well as the chime when the key is in the ignition. However, the chime for the headlights still works and the ignition still chimes 6 times when you turn it to the 'on' position.

This works for me, I really wanted just the headlights chime to remain but I can live with the other as well.

6. 20001 mustang

20001 mustang New Member

close the door and put down the window :shrug:

7. 95Vert383AOD

95Vert383AOD Active Member

Yes theres a white plastic box above the go pedal. just unplug it....i removed it for weight reduction.....j/k :rolleyes:

On a side note.....If you can't fine it (i dont see how) keep unbolting stuff untill you get to the BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING BING . :nice:

Chris

8. 7991LXnSHO

7991LXnSHO Well-Known Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    In a 91, where is the chime and what color is it? Mine is so soft I can not find it, but it still whispers. I want to fix it or put it out if its misery.

9. redsn95gt

redsn95gt Member

stuff a small rock between the switch and the door to turn it off, forget its there then slam the door. Worked for me.

10. Suek

Suek Member

I was told to turn the latch down (With a screwdriver) to the position when the door is shut and you shouldn't get any chime.