How does Roushcharger warranty work?

stangdude2000

Founding Member
Jun 23, 2001
Northern VA
The title is pretty self explanatory - I'm considering a RoushCharger this summer and I want to know how exactly the warranty deal works. Who do I have to bring my car to if there is a problem? A Roush dealer or any Ford dealer? Is there anything that will no longer be warrantied? 445 HP and full warranty is pretty tempting. I've seen several different accounts on how the warranty actually works - including one saying you have to send the car to the Roush factory, which I don't believe - so any help is appreciated!

• Sponsors (?)

as it was explained to me by my local roush dealer is that you have to have your car serviced by a roush dealer. technically it will void your factory warranty, roush underwrites the warranty, hence the need for the roush dealer. now i dont know if you have to have them install it or not. i would call your local roush dealer to find out or the guys at Anderson Ford in Clinton Illinois (board sponsor and my local HI-Po dealer) are really good at helping out. Danny Biggs is the motorsport person there.

I thought you had to have it installed by an ASE certified mechanic? I definitely am not one, and I definitely don't have the tools to install myself. Besides, despite welding an entire race car chassis (Yamaha R6 powered forumla style) and helping to build the damn thing, I would not even remotely feel comfortable installing a supercharger. I haven't even changed my own oil....

I'm more wondering where and how I get warranty service done.