How fast are stock 99 Cobras

• Sponsors (?)

supersean said:
LS1's vary alot and as stated above their underrrated out of the factory and a WS6 can dyno 330 hp stock, its very possible

To the wheels? Never seen it. Never heard of it. I have a friend who works at a perfomance shop. Never seen more then 307rwhp on a completley stock WS6 LS1. It's not to hard to get them their with a few mods but again we are talking in stock from. The is rear wheel not flywheel where talking about here.

supersean said:
Let me rephrase my statement. Im not saying all LS1's can make that much stock HP because i know they dont but honestly if you think about it the 99-01 Cobras are making around the same HP numbers as an LS1 between 300-320HP to the wheels so apparently they both have to be making around the same HP at the crank, which it is very possible for them both to make between 340-50 HP at the flywheel

Wow, I hope you are kidding, does anybody have a freaking clue.
99-01 Cobras do not make 300-320 at the wheels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HORSEPOWER AT THE CRANK AND REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER.
A stock LS1 makes more horsepower then a stock n/a 4v Cobra motor from either the crank or to the wheels but for god sakes I feel bad for anyone new reading this crap...now I know why I don't bother with this site anymore:notnice: :notnice: there should be some test everyone should have to pass before they can make a post!

i have a 2001 cobra and the car ran 13.1 on street tires not drag radials i have ran many of those ls6 junkboxes and who ever says they are faster it all depends on who's driving

Man o' man, I have never seen a circle jerk like this one in a long time. I got pretty frustrated reading it too, but you just have to blow it off.

Another thing is they are still making the Mustang!!!

Does GM still make the Camaro and Firebird???...:nono:

I have a buddy with an n/a'd 03 Mach1 that ran a 12.6 at the track on Sunday. He does have 4.10's and forged internals and ran on ET Streets to do it. I say if a Mach1 can run in the mid 12's, a 99/01 Cobra can run in the high 12's n/a'd with the right boltons.

Black94Cobra said:
now I don't know if 99 or 01 cobra has as bad of wheelhop as 03-04 cobra, the mach 1 should be faster at the strip with its solid rear axle
exactly, the 99-01 irs is not even as good as the 03/04 setup. wheel hop kills times on the 1/4 and breaks things to boot. The mach 1 runs faster at the strip because of that and the different cams help as well.

LS1s are God gift to the world and can not be defeated! :rolleyes:

gallery_12_195_76468.jpg

Or how about one LS1 with a 75 shot of NX juice? That should be a miracle of the Mighty Jesus!

http://forums.mightymustangs.net/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=6471

And last......the impersonification of the miracle of life! A stroked LS6 to 392 CI, Ported LS6 Heads, "Magic" Cam, Ford 9" with gears, full exahust, big slicks and skinies.....?

http://forums.mightymustangs.net/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=5371

All those killed by a NA 99 Cobra (with my OLD COMBO!).

Enjoy!

Naz

Nice Vids man, love to see a Mustang Killin some LS1's and LT1's

I was looking at an F-Body car but every one I test drove or got in rattled like a box full of marbles. I got a 96 GT that has some rattles but alot less than the 2003 WS6 I test drove, lol

Mustangs are just nicer cars overall in my opinion...

Later,
Jake

For what it is worth. A "mostly stock LS1 Camaro" was on Horsepower tv. They wanted see if adding royal purple to everything would increase HP at the wheels. It dyno'd 302.4 HP or something like that the wheels. With royal purple it jumped to 310.2 HP. Nothing to complain about IMO. Way better than my 145 FWHP 3.8 v6 mustang. :(

OK here is my 2 peso's
I own a 2001 cobra no mod's except 275 40s' on the rear and no air silencer
my girlfriend owns a 99 ls1 trans am with the 6 speed. no mods except K&N filter. I hate to admit this but she is a much better driver than I am and I have smoked her on the street "I know about how you shouldnt street race but it was a back street by my house in the stix with no traffic" out of all the times we raced "proably 10 to 15 times" she only won probly one third of the time...

so either she has a slower than normal LS1
or I have a faster than normal Cobra
or I am a better driver than her "I sincerly doubt it"
and just to prove that I am not bullsh@#ing
here is a couple pics the tbird,cobra,convertable are mine the purple Transam is hers

Attachments

• cobra and 5.0.jpg
    cobra and 5.0.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 155
  • 5.0 side view.jpg
    5.0 side view.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 147
Laughing in the Desert

I just have to say thanks for the laughs as I am hanging out in the desert of My iraq Condo (trailer) This thread has given me a little reminder of home.....hanging out at the track and debating who is faster...Thanks Guys....But I am curious why there is a chevy debate on a prominantly ford sight....Have a GREAT thanks giving and be safe in your travels.

FWIW, I ran a 13.4@104 stock in the 2000 Z/28 in July heat. My old roomtes 02 WS6 ran 12.89@107 with a lid and cutout.

I have a sick video of a 600+ rwhp LS1 tearing up cobras,Z06's,F-bods, bikes, Ford GT and then I have one of an old Nova putting 4-6 cars on him after the first 60'

ddg said:
i will say for a fact that a bone stock ls1 will not run 12's, and mistic z...you need the shut the **** you your nothing but douchebag liar, who prolly doesnt know the meaning of how fast a time is, and as far as a stock ls1 dynoing (sp?) at 340 somthin hp...chevrolet underrates them a little, but i mean c'mon, try something a lil more believeable, and pertaining to which is better...to each their own, i own an lt1 camaro which i love, and my friend has a 91 gt, which is just flat out an awsome car..i just needed to throw in my 10 cents
Ironic how a Mustang magazine editor Evan smith ran a Z/28 in the 12's bone stock.

My old roomates 02 WS6 A4 with a lid and cutout dynoed 331rwhp
Jims 2001 SS M6 stock dynoed 319rwhp