How fast is my car?

ok here is a "similar" setup as in only the hp

1) my brothers 02 vortech s-trim, 7psi, summit orh, magnaflow magna-pac catback
he has a set of 18x9 chome saleens with 275/35-18 nitto 555s, & 3.73s he put
down 311rwhp i cant remember the tq
his best time in good weather was: 1.96 60' [email protected]

note that this was his best time, the car also ran 13.4@108 & 13.3@105 and i also ran against a kid with an 03 w/9psi kb he said in made 370 somethingand like 400tq but he traction issues big time and ran a 14.8@110mph on a 3.3 60':jaw:

• Sponsors (?)

OK, then let's rephrase the question:

Given my setup, what have similar setups yielded on the track?

For example, plenty of stock 1999-2004 GT's have ran 14.0 second quarter miles. How about those with my setup? I can't be all that unique.
Why don't you just go out and run the car and see for yourself?

We can debate this all day long, but the fact is, all we are doing is bench racing. Go out and run the car and see what it will do and stop the speculating!

I really can't say what you would run. But seriously though, if there is a track near you (google it) that allows you to go out on Test-n-Tune nights, and you have the few hours to do it, do it. It's a lot of fun and really teaches you something about actually racing the car. Last time I went I saw a full bolt-on 04 GT running mid 10's in the 1/8. :rlaugh: But that is what the track is for, practice. I promise the more times you run the better your times will get.

-Will

:eek: Important tip for the next time you're at the track. Make sure your emergency brake is off before lining up at the beams. :nice:

:fuss: lol

http://forums.stangnet.com/788441-went-track-tonight-got-some-problems-questions-2.html Just in case you missed it... Still don't know what the problem is. Gonna be getting a tune in early August. Hopefully that'll do the trick, but I'm still a little skeptical...

Ok, I'm not gonna post any more off topic things now. Sorry bout that.

-Will

Why don't you just go out and run the car and see for yourself?

We can debate this all day long, but the fact is, all we are doing is bench racing. Go out and run the car and see what it will do and stop the speculating!

Because I don't have any quarter mile tracks in my area. The closest is CA Speedway and that's 70 miles away.

I'd like to try, but I'd also like to have an idea what to expect.

Because I don't have any quarter mile tracks in my area. The closest is CA Speedway and that's 70 miles away.

There are back in 3 hours:shrug:

I've traveled 500 miles round trip for one day of racing, no big deal, that's why we mod these things, so we know how they run.

Sure does beat days of bench racing online.

Well that is unfortunate and you shouldn't expect anything. Those that do tend to get their feelings hurt. If you have never been to the track, then added a full second maybe two to what you have been told. It will take practice and besides it is better than talking on a forum with nothing but assumptions.

I have a few friends that drive From Richmond,Va to Memphis Tn to race.