How hard do you drive your GT?

coramprat said:
48...49...50...51...and thats just the time slips I can find. 150k+ and still getting faster with each pass...oh...and I don't care if you are in an F-body LS1. I'll still try like hell to stay within 4 lengths. :D

Lets just hope I get the job done tonight and prove to those GM boyz that liter for liter ford has the power :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

01Steeda said:
Lets just hope I get the job done tonight and prove to those GM boyz that liter for liter ford has the power :nice:
I'll be gloating :D

Story...guy blew his LS1 so he swapped cammed 4.8 Chevy into his Bird until his other enigine is fixed. So we have a 4.6 vs 4.8 showdown tonight.

I pound on mine. repairs are cheap for me since I only buy the parts and to be honest nothing breaks on these damm cars when your at or near the stock HP.

I have powershifted my car countless times since i have owned it ( minium 5-6 times a day when it's nice out) and I bet the original owner pounded on it ( I hope so, I hate carbon clogged motors) and when I sell it ( might sell soon) the guy that maybe buying it pounds the hell out of cars.

it's a mustang not a 1 of 3 1970 hemi road runner vert

40th GT said:
liter for liter, Honda has us all beat.

Sad but true.

I will keep that in mind the next time I go to the "per liter track" :rolleyes:

litre for litre pro stock ford hashonda beat N/A.

top fuel has honda beat forced induction. 8.2l = 7500hp. vs 2.2l = 1000 hp.

compare apples to apples.

435rwhp mach1 vs 240fwhp civic. not really a comparison eh. honda has nobody beat.

BMW 1980's F1. 1.5l = 1200hp. honda is kind of a joke don't you think.

if you want to compare stock weigh to stock weight.
other wise a full cromemoly frame mustang weighs a few hundred pounds more than a honda. i can go on and on.

Found two pictures of me goofing off one day:

552b3ea4.jpg

This one didn't resize like the other, so I linked it.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v138/andrewfrom1985/02 Mustang GT/DCP_0413.jpg

Attachments

• 552b3ea4.jpg
    552b3ea4.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 61
BurningRubber said:
I think I got most of it out of my system tonight... I got a real good feeling for the car.

Did one small burnout... revved it up, popped clutch and hardly hit the brake, let off a second later, just coasted it down. Held the burnout alot higher than I wanted to though, around 5500 RPM and thats why I let off ASAP.

Tached it up a few times to around 4 grand (is that too high to do once a day?) and shifted at around 5500 to get a nice bark shifting into 2nd gear.

Kicked the ass out once or twice, and im spent.

I want this thing to last... so im saving the beating for the track if it ever opens back up.

I would do powershifts at 6500 probably 40+ times a day. Not to mention rolling burnouts, sliding around corners, etc.. So no, 4 grand is not too high to do once a day.

I cut my first donut last night...:hail2:

Ive done them offroad a million times in my 4x4, but this was my first onroad one. I was amazed at how easy it was to do... it did exactly what I wanted it to. Went in smooth, spun around smooth, and came out smooth.

I have also discovered the art of fishtailing...

I love donuts!! I used to do those all the time, until I wore a set of BFG KDW's down to the threads :(

Haven't done any since, so I forgot how it feels haha.. But I won't be doing any burnouts or anything on these tires, too expense for that :D

I'm starting to drive mine harder and harder everyday. I don't always go WOT....but it almost always gets more than half throttle....with 4-5k shifts. And once I can get some suspension work done...I'll never slow down!

I hate to admit it, but I really have never thought about how hard I drive my car... This is my 3rd 4.6 mustang and all of them I have driven "Hard" eg taken to redline (Or very close) at least once every time I drive it. Most of my normal shifting is around 4k.

I have always done very meticulous maintenance, and how many times has one of my mustangs broke down?

ZERO