How hard is it to Straighten out the Front Frame Rail and/or Core Support?

Damn dude your still going on about this! Your bumper and gap problem has you :owned:
The gap problem and the orange peel in the paint on the bottom part of the front bumper makes me feel like my Mustang has flaws in it. I know that these things are there and I can also see the gap and the orange peel and it bothers me a lot. I bet that it would bother you too if you kept up your Mustang like I did.
I am going to try to fix these problems by taking my car to Maaco. I think that Maaco will do good quality work as long as I tell them exactly what to do. I will tell Maaco that I don't want them to take any shortcuts. I think that this will be enough to have Maaco do the repairs correctly.
Do you think that Maaco will listen to me when I tell them that I want them to do the repair work right and for them to not take any shortcuts in the repairs and in the paint work? What do you think?

• Sponsors (?)

Yes if you want to have bugs, flaking paint and masking tape lines all over the place then bring it to Macco. They won't even take the bumper off. You will have over spray on parts of the bumper. In crevices, inner fender edge, etc. Trust me, save the extra money and go with a reputable shop. I want to hear the end of the "Gap and Orange peel problem"!!:Zip2:

This seems alot like a Maaco ad to me... :lock:
Well, it's NOT. You are wrong in thinking that it is.
I just want to ask everyone in here about this issue and get their opinions about the repair and paint work. I just want to know what everyone thinks about me using Maaco if I tell Maaco to take extra care and do good quality repair and paint work on my Mustang without them taking any shortcuts.
Now please let's get back on this subject.
What do you think about what I am trying to accomplish with Maaco regarding them doing good quality repair and paint work on my car if I tell Maaco that I am very fussy about the repair and paint job? Will they listen to me and do everything that I tell them to do correctly?

Yes if you want to have bugs, flaking paint and masking tape lines all over the place then bring it to Macco. They won't even take the bumper off. You will have over spray on parts of the bumper. In crevices, inner fender edge, etc. Trust me, save the extra money and go with a reputable shop. I want to hear the end of the "Gap and Orange peel problem"!!:Zip2:
You didn't read my post carefully did you? I said that I would "demand" and tell Maaco to take my front bumper OFF and repaint the front bumper while it is OFF the car. They have to take my front bumper off anyways in order to re-adjust the headlight header panel.

Sombody should ban this guy...seriously. You're giving us all a headache!

Why don't you go to Hell. Answer my questions and say something nice or get the hell out of here and stop being a jerk.

People, please understand that I was only trying to see if anybody in here would agree with me about me taking my Mustang to Maaco if I actually tell Maaco exactly what I want done to my car. I know that Maaco sometimes takes shortcuts in doing paint work, but the "ONLY" paint work that they will need to do to my car is the front bumper. And I am going to make sure that I instruct Maaco to TAKE OFF the front bumper on my Mustang in order to do the paint work on it. I am NOT going to allow them to paint the front bumper while it's on the car. That's a no no.
Plus, they have to take off the front bumper and both headlight units in order to get to the headlight header panel so they can adjust the header panel. They need to do the adjustment in order to make both headlight units fit "flush" with the front pointed part of both fenders so there is no gap between the fender and the headlight unit.

Now please give me some feedback regarding whether or not that you think that Maaco will do a good quality job if I instruct and tell Maaco exactly what to do. I would think that Maaco would listen to my instructions rather than going against them. What do you think?

Why don't you go to Hell. Answer my questions and say something nice or get the hell out of here and stop being a jerk.

People, please understand that I was only trying to see if anybody in here would agree with me about me taking my Mustang to Maaco if I actually tell Maaco exactly what I want done to my car. I know that Maaco sometimes takes shortcuts in doing paint work, but the "ONLY" paint work that they will need to do to my car is the front bumper. And I am going to make sure that I instruct Maaco to TAKE OFF the front bumper on my Mustang in order to do the paint work on it. I am NOT going to allow them to paint the front bumper while it's on the car. That's a no no.
Plus, they have to take off the front bumper and both headlight units in order to get to the headlight header panel so they can adjust the header panel. They need to do the adjustment in order to make both headlight units fit "flush" with the front pointed part of both fenders so there is no gap between the fender and the headlight unit.

Now please give me some feedback regarding whether or not that you think that Maaco will do a good quality job if I instruct and tell Maaco exactly what to do. I would think that Maaco would listen to my instructions rather than going against them. What do you think?

Anybody?

Heres what you do since apparently you need to be told every thing to do.

save up money, take it to a reputable shop, not Macco and have them fix all your problems

/end thread
That's what I am going to try to do. It's very hard to try and save money when you have 2 mortgages and a small 2 years old child and a wife that doesn't work. The only reason why I was thinking about taking my Mustang to Maaco was because I know that Maaco will charge a lot cheaper to do the work. Also, Maaco needs ONLY to take off and repaint the front bumper. There is no other paintwork that is needed. If the front bumper can be wet sanded and buffed by hand to get off the orange peel from inside the air dam and fog light crevices without having to repaint it, maybe this could be a good alternative too. But I really think that the entire front bumper will need to be sanded down and repainted again. And if Maaco is going to do the work, I will demand them to take off the front bumper when they do the wet sanding and the paint job. They have to take off the front bumper anyways in order to get to the headlight header panel in order to make the adjustment so there is no headlight/fender gap.

Well then hold out.. That gap is not gonna kill you.. Did you even take it by a shop to see how much it would cost or What they could do to fix the paint like wet sanding it......

I don't need an essay for an answer either.. its either yes and they want to much or no and I'll get to it at the next possible convenience . Who knows you might be able to afford it. But don't go to Macco. You will not be happy with the results.

I haven't had time to take it to any bodyshop for an estimate yet. I am thinking about bringing it to one or two bodyshops around my area to see what they are going to rape me for. Then lastly, I will also bring it to Maaco to see how much they want to charge for the same exact repairs and paint work. If Maaco can do the job right for less money than the other bodyshops, I will have Maaco do all the repairs and the paint work. I will make a demand to the Maaco owner/manager to make sure that he does excellent quality work and that he does not cut any corners or take any shortcuts. I think that if I ask Maaco to take extra care while doing the repair and the paint work that they will do a decent job.

I also don't mind using a decent bodyshop which is NOT a Maaco. The bodyshop doesn't have to be a Maaco, but it does have to be reasonably priced like Maaco is.