How hard?

Congation

Nov 22, 2010
North Carolina
How hard, if even possible, would it be to set up a remote for a 89 Mustang GT, that has lock, unlock, and remote start on it? Not really going to worry about an alarm as I do not live in an area where many cars are stolen.

• Sponsors (?)

I have keyless entry and it's great. I bought it from JC Whitney for around $40. My dad and I did the install. We pulled the door panels to trace the wires to under the steering column, which is where we put the box. It needs a constant hot, so we spliced into the one for the radio/CD player. The hardest thing to do is accessing and splicing the wires up in the driver's side kick panel area.

I have it on my car, although when I converted from auto to 5spd, I permanently disabled it to avoid accidents.

The car became a sunny day cruiser at that point too....so a car starter wasn't needed.

does anyone know if its possible to switch the locks to a system that cant be slim jimmed?

i already have keyless entry with an alarm. i want to shave the locks so nobody can pop the cylinders, but then i want to anti slim jim the car too.

mustangs are targets here.