How I spent my morning today....

Vinnietbird

Jun 2, 2005
UPDATE ..How I spent my morning today....

I already have one on my car, but, I noticed that GT-40 intake plates are pretty expensive, so, I thought I'd try to fab one up. It worked out pretty good. I still have to finish sanding and getting it presentable, but that's a 15 minute job. Here's the GT-40 intake plate I fabbed this morning......

DSCF8795.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

They are ridiculously priced. I have an original cobra intake and the plate is toast... I need a new one but no way will I spend what they are asking for it...

They are ridiculously priced. I have an original cobra intake and the plate is toast... I need a new one but no way will I spend what they are asking for it...

detail_3253_img2676b.jpg

if this is what youre talking about, i got one new for $30. Its aluminum and tough as chit. Didnt end up using it for anything and i stuck it on my tool box. Otherwise i would just give it to you.

Ebay my brotha, and it had all the little ford racing stickers on the package. Forget trying to buy it from Ford, they are ridiculous about some of the little stuff like that.

Thanks again guys. I made it from some aluminum I have in the garage. I hope to have it done today when I get off work. Pics will follow. At times, after work, my motivation level is pretty low,and all I want is a shower,and fall on the couch.LOL.

O.K.,this is as far as I'm going with this intake plate. I didn't want to pour a lot of time into it. Is it perfect? No. It is a great substitute for factory,though. I'm pleased considering it's hand made from scrap aluminum. Here's the finished result....

DSCF8798.jpg

The one for my car has four mounting holes,the other is the one I fabbed....
DSCF8796.jpg

Hopefully the next two I make will take a little less time and come out about the same. After thinking about it for a while,I'd like to fab up about 5 or 6 more,but,time is hard to come by,and I used a Dremel with a cutoff wheel to cut it out. It takes a while. I'll start after work today and get started. I'm off work Friday,so I'll have all day to get them cut out and ready for "fine tuning" . After getting the basic shape done,the rest isn't so bad. I use my intake on my engine to make sure the fabbed plate fits well and looks right.