How important is the interior color to you?

What interior color do you have or prefer?

• Medium Parchment

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Light Graphite

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Dark Charcoal

Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Dark Charcoal with Red Interior Color Accent

Votes: 13 28.9%

• Total voters

merlinsteele

Nov 21, 2004
Oklahoma
Just curious. At the closest dealer to me where I check every so often, about every new Mustang has the light tan interior! Most of them also have the tan stripes on the sides (V6s). I don't care for it, because it shows dirt so easy, and I just like the darker interior better. Even the gray is better to me than the tan, or whatever they're called. Just curious as to how big a deal this is to you guys/gals.

• Sponsors (?)

Same here..I originally wanted the black interior, and I agree the tan would show dirt too easily, but the car I got has the grey interior and I think it looks great, as well as not getting as hot as the black interior, which is certainly a concern here in the deep south.

Interior color is a major concern. I remember the good old days when there were lots of choices. My 1966 Mustang convertible (candyapple red with white top) has a red vinyl interior and maroon carpet.
I like the idea of two-tone interiors. I have a 2005 Windveil blue coupe. A blue and gray interior would look sharp. It's too bad you must go to the after market for something like that.

Leave tan for the caddilacs. I need my black. However two-tone leather seats are hot. Black/Hunter Green (to go with the guages/stereo) or Black/Blue would look beautiful. Blue/White would look great too, but too high-maintenance.

Dark Charcoal goes with any color. Besides, nothing says sporty and aggressive like a dark interior. :nice:

a7mustang10.jpg

Personally I went with the medium parchment.

Living in a hot climate, I'm tired of black interiors. Plus I like heaving leather seats that look like a real leather color.

I don't get it when you say black interiors are easy to keep clean. To me they look like crap when they fade and any kind of stain really stands out.

The brown-colored interiors usually age pretty well IMO.

Any color so long as it is not black or near black (dark charcoal, midnight grey, etc).

I am old enough to remember when black was the only color available on the basic, stripped down, models. So, whenever I see a black interior, I automatically still think cheap, boring, cheap, worthless, cheap, insignificant, etc. :notnice:

I also like subtle two-tone, and one unfortunately, looses that subtle two-tone look when you get black.

merlinsteele said:
See, this is why I don't understand why this dealership has 99 percent of their cars with tan interiors! I just don't get it...

Reminds me of back when I bought a Firebird (sorry for using that F word here). I wanted it in the dark gray/silver two tone exterior, but every dealer I saw one in that color, had the tan interior. IMHO, the dark gray/silver two tone interior went much better with the dark gray/silver two tone exterior, which is what I wanted/ordered/bought.

I guess there is no rational reason for what dealers order. :shrug:

i have the dark charcoal on my black gt. if i were to buy the car in 06, i would probably get the light gray. it looks a little more "classy". i love the black/black look though, but it does get hot inside. the light gray sets off the interior better than the red accents, IMHO.