How long do I wait?

Jimmys66

Founding Member
Nov 28, 2001
Paw Paw MI
I ordered some parts from one of the mustang suppliers and they back ordered a swaybar on me. I was told that they were expected "any day now". Any day now has turned into somthing like 3 weeks. I called again yesterday and got told again "any day now". Even if it came in today it would be at least a weeks shipping.

How long would you wait before asking for a refund?

• Sponsors (?)

Call them back and cancel that portion of your order. I have had to to this a couple of times. I would stick to companies that's known for their promptness and customer service. For example NPD or Mustangs Unlimited. Unless, of course, this is one of the companies you are having problems with! :rlaugh:

Some times the parts might be 3 or 4 dollars more, but it's worth it. Another thing you want do is look where the company is geographically located. If the company is in Florida and you are in Cali.....well, you can put 2 and 2 together.:nice: Good luck.

btw, we'll probably get in trouble with the guys for posting this in the "Tech Forum" :D

This is a technical problem. Technicaly I'm missing a sway bar.:D

Usually, I pick and choose who I order from and from a supplier close to home but NPD and Mustang Unlimited don't usually specialize in performace parts (1-1/8" sway bar).

I got free shipping if I ordered $300 in parts. They had a set of coil springs that I could only get there so I lumped the sway bar on with it. Maybe I shouldn't be so cheap.:rolleyes:

They sent my other stuff right out, no waiting.