How long?

• Sponsors (?)

No, I haven't left my marks....yet...:D Thats the point of it...new asphalt is just too tempting not to do it.:D Wanted to do the stretch in my home town last year when they laid a real pretty section down...but it was too close to the cop shop. I really had to fight the temptation. Locals would have turned me in...or maybe not.:D

Try to give it a week or at least until after a good soaking rain to help release and wash away the oils.

The only marks I have left with mine have been in the parking lot at work(other than the few burnouts at the drag strip the 1 time I've gone). The last one I did was just after the first of the year, but the marks are still there. I can get pics Saturday.

With my first car ('65 Galaxie 352) I did a burnout on fresh blacktop (maybe 2 days old) and put a hole about an inch deep in it. Shot blacktop everywhere. I'd wait at least a week or two.

yia i did a burn out on a freshly paved road here about 3 days after it was laid, not only did i dig to China but alot of black crap...rubber/tar was all over my car and that sucked to get off

Thanks for the input. With the weather warming up now, it's been delayed by rain, I'll give it 2 weeks to set up. Don't want to dig a hole to China nor spray my car with asphalt, Just make my mark.........I'll try and get video footage.:D

Seeing as how paving is my job, I'm not going to tell you the best time to do it. But I know if I liked my car in any way I'd wait about a month at least.

Personally, I'd wait at least two weeks to do it, going by my completely uneducated guess.

That being said, I believe that Summit and Jegs sell a clear plastic stick on protector for your rear quarters. Slap it on and no one can see it unless you're right up close. do your huge burnout, then peal off the plastic, and nothing is left sticking to your body! Worth checking out..... especially with fresh asphalt. We all know one of the hardest things to get of a clean paint is fresh tar......

Hmmmmmmmm...(which shoulder "sitter" do I listen to...?????? The one in white or the one in red...)

They jump in your head at a single moment and in it you can have safe fun. :lol: It is a thin line to walk, but at this point in life I am ready for the Thin Line Olympics. :nice: Sounds like Cruz is as well.

That being said, I believe that Summit and Jegs sell a clear plastic stick on protector for your rear quarters. Slap it on and no one can see it unless you're right up close. do your huge burnout, then peal off the plastic, and nothing is left sticking to your body! Worth checking out..... especially with fresh asphalt. We all know one of the hardest things to get of a clean paint is fresh tar......

Great idea, home:nice:

Here is the pic of my marks I left at work back around the first of the year. They have faded and lost some of the length. They did extend past the 2nd manhole and around the corner as I was powerbraking and turning the corner.
DSC03599.jpg

Perhaps next I need to get a video of it:D as I make the sequel...