How many cats

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks Mine needs to lose some soon, someone told me that some stangs had 6 cats and i was not about to look underneath it, if i do not need to pass a visual will running a x pipe with 2 high flows in it keep me legal? thanks Dan

saxman9801 said:
Thanks Mine needs to lose some soon, someone told me that some stangs had 6 cats and i was not about to look underneath it, if i do not need to pass a visual will running a x pipe with 2 high flows in it keep me legal? thanks Dan
depends on the laws in boise. here teyaxas, we aint got no laws bout no 'missions. just slap some rusted pipes 'an make sure she aint loud 'nuff to be heard cross that there field. :rlaugh: seriously tho, i passed my inspection w/o cats. they didnt even look underneath. to answer your question, yes, two cats will keep you legal visually, but its hit or miss when they hook up the sniffer.

saxman9801 said:

some do have 6 cats, others have four. my 98 had 6, & my 03 had 4.

ToplessStang said:
Did anyone notice a BIG diffrence after removing the cats? I assume it helps in the upper rev range.
i noticed what i guess you could call a BIG difference. probably ~8 rwhp was my butt dyno :nice: although i did notice a little loss in tq :nonono: but i have 4.10s :nice: