How many coils to cut off for a 1.5 inch drop???

• Sponsors (?)

WOW....thats alot off the stockers....just seen a set of FMS C springs for 50.00 last nite....i know your cashed out....

if your shocks/struts are old, you could get a real funky ride, prolly more than you bargained for with that much cut....
id try 1 coil one the front, maybe an inch for that???? Measure the wheelwell lip before you start so you know where you are....
cut em in the same place for an even drop...the front pigtail on the bottom MUST be rotated back against the stop in the A arm...otherwise you make get lopesided drop???

good luck...let us know how you make out...

FWIW, I would leave it stock before cutting the stockers. I have heard that they are not good riding on or handling is not improved like geting aftermarket ones. If I were you, I would just leave it the way it is. (just my .02)

:scratch:

taryn said:
I were you, I would just leave it the way it is. (just my .02)
:scratch:

I agree, if you do it, and still have stock shocks/struts the ride will be horrible, you will also have a lot of bumpsteer, and you don't know if the car will sit evenly, the rear springs are totally different than the front, cutting the same amount of coils will show different results. Your car will ride very stiff and harsh, and be bouncy (esp with old shocks)

I always say, if your going to do something, do it right the first time because it might cost you more the next time!