How many miles is too many??

• Sponsors (?)

i know of a few people who installed turbos on thier cars after 100k.. one of my good friends runs low 11's in his fox and has well over 100k

if she is running good now without any problems, i would do a leakdown test and if that came out good.. i wouldnt think twice to throw a charger on my car.. these mod motors are easy to come by now days for less then a 1,000

On a well maintained car, this really shouldnt matter.

I would venture to guess that most engines that fail due to forced induction would be the result of one of three things:

1)Abuse
2)Poor tune
3)Too much power for stock engine

IMO, a good tune with a driver that doesnt beat the snot out of their car, and MODERATE power levels and a stock bottom end should last a long time.

Cant remember where, but I did read on a forum where a guy had a blower on an NPI motor, maybe 9psi...he supercharged at around 100k, and had upwards of 300k on the motor, all stock and from the factory.

I have 145,000 miles on my 91 notch 5.0L. I got it at 135K, so I have no idea on maintenance, but it runs strong. I would never think twice if I went to supercharge this car. I would go big too. Vortech V2SQ with 14-15lbs of boost.

Mileage is just a number.

um 10#'s is the safety threshold on a stock 4.6 2v...

But with an 8# pulley and a good tune you should be ok. I have 65k on my car and I thrashed it N/A, seems to be doing ok with the boost right now... We'll see what happens when I get closer to Sea Level and the boost rises a bit.