how many miles should i be able to get off a full tank?

• Sponsors (?)

I drive 40 miles one way to work most Rural HY or I-65. I get 300-350 on my 93 2.3 N/A LX hatch, with the auto trans.

I would venture that my gas mileage would be lower if I was driving in stop and go traffic though.

tealtiger93 said:
WTF!? How much gas to you get in your tanks? I know they are 15.4 gallons, but I never get more than 11 in, and only get 220 to a tank!

I know what you mean. I have an 88 and I can fit in around 15 gallons or so, but my buddy has an 89 and he can only fit in around 11. Doesn't make much sense to me either. :shrug:

There has to be something wrong with your fuel system man, I am at 330 right now and I have not touched the red part by the E yet.

My guage does the same thing that yours does though I agree that they suck, but I am thinking I will replace all my stock guages with aftermatket ones though.

Alteast you guys have fuel gages !!! Driving one day ... and a small cloud of smoke came out from the side of the guage cluster .. and guess what, the needle on my fuel guage, moved all the way to the top, behind the edge of the cluster, and now it doesn't work anymore.

I use my tripometer to figure out how much gas i've got left ... i get about 475 - 500 kilometres to the tank ... so whatever that works out to in miles.

edit .. just checked .. just over 300 miles to the tank. Those numbers are from last weeks tank ... this past weekend, I've just replaced the plugs/wires/fuel,air filters/oil change, and checked/replaced fluids where necesary.

So, I ought to be getting a bit better mileage from now on.

ZeroCulture said:
Alteast you guys have fuel gages !!! Driving one day ... and a small cloud of smoke came out from the side of the guage cluster .. and guess what, the needle on my fuel guage, moved all the way to the top, behind the edge of the cluster, and now it doesn't work anymore.

I use my tripometer to figure out how much gas i've got left ... i get about 475 - 500 kilometres to the tank ... so whatever that works out to in miles.

edit .. just checked .. just over 300 miles to the tank. Those numbers are from last weeks tank ... this past weekend, I've just replaced the plugs/wires/fuel,air filters/oil change, and checked/replaced fluids where necesary.

So, I ought to be getting a bit better mileage from now on.

Uh Oh!!!! now you will get about 100km less in gas mileage due to you making changes to the system :D