How many people are running CK kit on stock block?

medik13

Founding Member
Nov 22, 2001
FL
How many miles has it been mounted for and have you run into any reliabilty problems. Do you visit the track often? As far as I know, this is the safest tune out there and I just want to know if anyone has blown up there block yet. I am scared to blow my stock block up and want to conduct this little survey before making up my mind for once and for all!

• Sponsors (?)

medik13 said:
How many miles has it been mounted for and have you run into any reliabilty problems. Do you visit the track often? As far as I know, this is the safest tune out there and I just want to know if anyone has blown up there block yet. I am scared to blow my stock block up and want to conduct this little survey before making up my mind for once and for all!

Talk to Tim about it. He has over 700 motors out now with superchargers and the adaptive tune for the chip and not one, not one, has given up the ghost yet. I am not sure how many miles are on them but I have seen a few posts with decent mileage on them for an 01 or 02. I have not seen any folks posting numbers on 96-98 stangs but I am kind of new to the boards so take that at face value. My best suggestion is still talk to Tim and ask him straight up.

I have asked questions like this here and not gotten much response. I am very curious as to how much is too much for a stock block.

Bo

I just installed mine last week. Great so far....I am not too worried, because it will not be a stock block for long anyway. My next mod is a built bottom end...That is, as soon as Tim gets his financing plan under way. J/K! If you talk to Tim, he will tell you the honest truth.

There currently isn't a steeda tune for 96-98 stangs supercharged or n/a as well as any 96-2003 automatic's it was never built for them. Steeda tune is only available on 99+ manual trans for the Vortech or Paxton superchargers

Yes Tim hasn't lost a motor to this tune yet and from my knowledge it's been out for over a year if not longer. His reputation is phenominal for being first class in the customer service department he even gives out his cell number for people doing the installs of his kit. Now that's first class :nice:

cap42 said:
There currently isn't a steeda tune for 96-98 stangs supercharged or n/a as well as any 96-2003 automatic's it was never built for them. Steeda tune is only available on 99+ manual trans for the Vortech or Paxton superchargers

Yes Tim hasn't lost a motor to this tune yet and from my knowledge it's been out for over a year if not longer. His reputation is phenominal for being first class in the customer service department he even gives out his cell number for people doing the installs of his kit. Now that's first class :nice:
The Steeda tune is offered by Steeda and Tim. Tim also has the ability to tune anything. I've got a custom setup with a 90 mm MAF and 42# injectors, and Tim tuned it perfectly. I've had the blower on since the day for Thanksgiving, I've racked up 1500 miles. This car is my daily driver, and it may see track time 1 or 2 times a month, it all depends on how busy I get with school.

I'd say I got about 10,000-12,000 miles on my car since May...which is when it was installed. I've probably had over 200 passes down the track with it if not more.

I've driven it over 12 hours away from home...ran it 3 days in a row at teh track then drove it back home another 12 hours without any problems.

I've yet to hear any detonation.

It's my daily driver...300+ miles a week and it goes into boost A LOT. :D

Good Luck :nice: