How much are my wheels worth?

drewzx3

Feb 7, 2004
Louisiana
I have a set of chrome 2 18x9's and 2 18x10's saleen replica wheels that are a little over 3 months old with 255/40-18 Avon tech m550 a/s tires with Alot of tread left. The two I have on the right side have slight bends in them on the inner lip one leaks a little air and the other is fine but I am sending the one that leaks to have professionaly fixed. I have about $1600 in them after I get the one fixed. SO I was wondering how much could I get out of them?

• Sponsors (?)

wow..thats all i got to say you got A lot more into them then they are worth these a company that sells replicas with tires for 1100 bucks and since there not new you cant get that for them even if they just were mounted lol it sucks depresiation blows hahaha i cant remember what used saleen reps go for i will do some looking

Honestly, prob like $600 if that. The tires help if the tread is good, but are they 255's out back too?

You'd def help the price by having no damage, but the resale on wheels is pretty bad, unless they are uber high dollar stuff.

The truth is that you can get what you have BRAND new for not much over a grand.

lol i am looking for some 18" saleens too lol i got a deal for you i have some 17" tribars we can trade straight up lol:D its a win win sorta deal i got some 17" konigs too but i think those are gay lol but your welcome to either or both sets if you want lol

since this thread already exists im kinda gonna jack it a little what are 96-98 gt wheels wort? with brand new rubber they look pretty mint one needs to be cleaned up thats all what the range for these wheels? i ask because my uncle did some bodywork for a guy and he paid him with these wheels and he has no use for them...and hes storing them in my garage:mad: so let me know lol

I completely see why you wen the replica route, cause I'm facing that too.

Too bad FRPP doesn't carry any 17x10.5 wheels, because no OEM or anything moderately affordable is available. I'm going the replica route most likely to get a set of something with 315s in the rear.

Value? You gotta be competitive against how inexpensive replicas are selling on eBay and whatnot "with" tires. I'm looking at $1K to $1.2K for a complete wheel/tire replica set in the 17x9/17x10.5 with 275s and 315s. Of course, OEM 03 Cobra 17x9 wheels can be had for $145 each (under $600 for the set minus wheels). I'd aim low if I were you OR keep them and put better sized tires on the wheels.

On the 18's, you should be able to run 265 front and 285 rear (maybe a little larger). IICR, that is a popular size for them.

I think Saleen actually put those same size wheels on some of their stuff, so you may want to check out their site or do a search to find what tires Saleen used. Some companies go low on the tire size, but I'm almost positive that Saleen leans to the larger tire sizes.

I have a set of chrome 2 18x9's and 2 18x10's saleen replica wheels that are a little over 3 months old with 255/40-18 Avon tech m550 a/s tires with Alot of tread left. The two I have on the right side have slight bends in them on the inner lip one leaks a little air and the other is fine but I am sending the one that leaks to have professionaly fixed. I have about $1600 in them after I get the one fixed. SO I was wondering how much could I get out of them?

Ut oh, sorry to tell you they arent worth more than $20 but out of the kindness of my heart I will give you $40 for them and shipping:D , lol