how much are you in debt?

School loans (undergrad & graduate) $40k, credit cards $5k, this coming tuition loan $5000, misc other $1k, and I'm 28. Basically I fkd myself getting c.cards at 18 to pay for school. But atleast my mustang is paid off so I don't have to worry about the repo man. My credit looks like swiss cheese and I'll prob won't have a house till I'm in my late 30's :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

Im only 17, and luckly my parents got me an atm card not a credit card. I constantly think about whats going to happen when i graduate next year, im about 75% sure im not getting a scholorship. I have a few choices. Get financial aid, and student loans (this will be hell I know). I could stay at the work I am at now and go to a comunity college and if i become a resturaunt manager within the next year or 2 they will reinburse me 100%. But ive been talking to alot of my managers and they all say its NOT worth it. Im thinking im going to get a new better paying job when i turn 18, get financial aid, and take out a few student loans, theres no way im going to be able to pay for school out of my pocket. Oh and right now If there were some kind of emergency where I NEED money, i could pull out about 30 bucks, thats all I have.

im 19, owe about 650 on my laptop, ~500 on one credit car and ~700-800 on another (damn exhaust:rolleyes: )so gotta say not too bad in the hole only about 1900 or so hopefully have it all paid off by end of summer then i can get it all back up with the TFS kit :D

0% and I never have been. I dunno why but debt scares me. I have never even run over on a CC. I own both of my cars out right as well.

This should all change when I go back to school for a doctorate.

Mustang5L5 said:
Unfortunately i live in Metro Boston which is the 3rd most overpriced housing market after LA and Hawaii....so unless i find at least $400K sitting in a sack somewhere i won't be buying a house anytime soon

No kidding! I was up there a few weeks back and I was talking to one of the bartenders about housing. The taxes you have to pay along with the prices of the houses are friggin rediculous! 8000 a year in taxes?!?! WTF!

as for teh question:

I'm 26, on my second house (140000 left) Xterra lease (18000) Student loan (9000) 2 boats, 2 snowmobiles, stang ($0 SWEET!) CC's (4000, mostly home improvement projects. Overall, I am pretty content as I am paying everything fine and still saving to the Vacation fund and the 401k. Not bad for who its for!:eek:

im 24, I was in debt 50K about a year or two ago, filed bankruptcy before the law changed. Went debt free for a while. Got a 14 x 80 mobile home for 500 bucks, spent around 2-3k in it (all cash) and its almost done. Wife had to have a new car, bought her a 04 stang v6. Now im about 20K in debt with her car, medical bills, and a few personal loans. I dont know why women cant drive old cars like we do. She's got 14k wrapped up in one car, and I own an 88 f150 and two 87 mustangs GT's, and I bought all three for less than 2k that I paid for in cash. So now tell me who's fault is it that im in debt.

I guess thats what I get for getting married..:bang: :bang: :bang:

22 years old and have 30k in debt. well its financial aid that i had to get for school because honestly how many people have 30k dollars to pay up front for school? thats about it, credit cards are all payed off and i havent used them in a year or so.

Dtowncats said:
I am 19 and I have a $6,000 car payment which I am trying to sell. About 900 for my laptop, and 300 on my CC. The thing that kills me is the car insurance. It is more than twice my car payment.
i work for an insurance agency. when you sell the jeep expect the stang to double in payments. you will lose your multi car discount and your driver rating will transfer from the jeep to the stang

27 years old

Truck I owe about 10,000 on still
Mustang I owe about $5000 on
CC = $500 (been paying it off and not using it that will be nice to have gone
Camera I still owe 1600 on
Line Of Credit I owe 3200
Plus the monthly phone, cable internet, rent, gas in 2 V8's, food. I still manage to save about $100 a month and put it away if I am lucky.

Started workin a second job under the table so that is an extra $800 a month to throw on my bills. And my photography business I do on the side nets me an average of $800 per wedding.