How much can I gain with these upgrades?

• Sponsors (?)

you will gain about 15 lbs.

honestly--i don't know, but from reading around here it may not be as much as you want for the amount of money you're gonna drop. Plenum-tb combo probably make more difference when u have FI....many people here like the jlt..

GraysonGT said:
Looking for S.O.P. and RWHP on my 2003 GT.
JLT CAI, Accufab Plenum, Accufab 75mm.

DropTopPony said:
forced induction...blower :D

Well that would be awesome, but it ain't gonna happen for me. Too many other priorities take precedence over my stang. I was just trying to make-up for the loss of HP I had when I to install cats so I could pass emmisions. (The car would have passed, but in my county, you have to have cats)

theres not going to be much, if any SotP gains, however you will notice where your car runs smoother and has better throttle response. Those mods you feel more in the pedal than you do in the seat.

They are well worth it though even on a N/A car.

If you installed just one of the components, you wouldn't feel a thing. But install all 3 at the same time, you should be able to feel the 10-15hp difference a little.
But you could definitely use that $300+ elsewhere. The best bang is going to be a 3.73 or 4.10 gear ($150-175), I would've said mid pipe, but i see where you said something about putting cats back on, so evidently you had an o/r pipe. Or get a nice shot of giggle juice. you can get a kit or system for about $375+. A 4.10 and maybe a 75hp shot of go-go juice, and you'll suprise a lot of more horsepowered cars from the jump:nice: , until the bottle runs out...:notnice:

i put the CAI first nd then the TB + plenum but didnt really feel that much of a gain.I have to agree on the better throttle response but you wont feel alot of power.But as someone said , if you install all 3 parts at once you will be happy. If i was you , i would get a set of gears and an Xcal2 tuner.You will see a big BIG difference with those :D

lover said:
If you installed just one of the components, you wouldn't feel a thing. But install all 3 at the same time, you should be able to feel the 10-15hp difference a little.
But you could definitely use that $300+ elsewhere. The best bang is going to be a 3.73 or 4.10 gear ($150-175), I would've said mid pipe, but i see where you said something about putting cats back on, so evidently you had an o/r pipe. Or get a nice shot of giggle juice. you can get a kit or system for about $375+. A 4.10 and maybe a 75hp shot of go-go juice, and you'll suprise a lot of more horsepowered cars from the jump:nice: , until the bottle runs out...:notnice:

Check out my sig for upgrades already on the car. I have straight pipes from the headers to to flowmasters. (with cats... now) I figure if I add the intake stuff now, if I do decide to add some "juice" later, it will make more of a difference, I think.

It's up to you. It seems the combination of parts you listed are the most widely enjoyed in their segment. But the increase in power per dollar spend has kept me from doing it. Although in theory, you'll lose what 10-20hp for the cats, so the intake stuff should offset that resulting in roughly the same power.
The question I have for you is how will those items affect your tune? Also have you thought about maybe some stg 1 cams, if they will pass inspection?