how much do u think my car is worth???

rushracing

Nov 13, 2003
Boston
Basically I plan on selling my car after the winter and Just wondering how much you think i can get for my car. I know what i want but just want your guys input. So heres the info
1996 Ford Mustang GT Factory bright tangerine #735 out of 829 ever made
81,000 miles and still running strong. 5spd manual( recenlty rebuilt and new heavy duty clutch) The body has the normal wear and tear like chips on hood and paint chilps/scratees on side skirts and a few small other body problems.

I know mods dont add much too the value but here they are
C&L upper intake plenum
Accufab 70 mm throttle body
C&L inlet pipe
High flow x-pipe w/ magnaflow cats
Flowmaster 40 series mufflers
200 amp alternator
Optima deep cycle in front
2 stinger batts in back
short throw shifter
17x9 Chrome cobra replics sitting on pirelli p7000 supersports barely worn

As for the interior and stereo the list could be pages long but here is a sum of it

peices custom painted to match
Custom leather seats
Autometer gauges
white face overlays
alpine double din dvd player
ps2
7 inch screens in the sun visors
7 inch screen in trunk lid
Boston Acoustic component speakers the front doors and rear deck
Jl 500/1 and Jl 300/4
18 inch jl w6 in the back seat custom made fiberglass enclosure
All high performace wiring
Neons and little stuff like that
Here are some pics
2192231_1_full.jpg
2192231_28_full.jpg
2192231_32_full.jpg
2192231_10_full.jpg
2192231_9.jpg

So i know i will never get the money that i will put in it back But just want to know what a bunch of mustang lovers think my baby is worth..

• Sponsors (?)

Imo it would be worth more if you removed all of the stereo junk especially the radio area because no offense but that looks terrible.

But I would say benny is about right as is. You could get 6-6.5 for it if you took it back to stock.

Yeah, I too would sell the audio taking up the back seat area, sell it seperatly and put the back seat back in. Around here for a clean car like that you could fetch 7k, or right around that area.

That thing looks sick with that color, and very clean to. Id pay top $ for it if I were looking at it, minus the audio stuff.

I would sell the audio seperate as well. Is that a 15inch sub where your backseat was? You'd have to find someone who wanted a 'pre-built' showcar to get value for the stereo. I think 7k is prolly the max, but if you part the stereo, you should net more money.

Man, did you consider just keeping it? 5-7k is not a lot of money these days, and unless you just had a kid and need another car, or another "must sell" reason, I would keep it. You did a fine job with the color work, and it's clean. 81k is not even broken in yet man...heh, I'm at 114 and still hit the redline daily and it takes it just fine. Change the oil and use a motorcraft filter.

Anyways, if you do sell, go back to stock. Sell, then ebay or use your local paper.

:SNSign:

You also have to remember, the majority of buyers unless they are specifically interested in a car with a stereo and stuff already installed, are going to look at it by the facts: It's a 10 year old car, with 80k miles, with normal wear and tear. By Kelly Blue book, which most people seem to swear by, it's not worth nearly what you've put in to it, unfortunately.

Some may look at it like "well, I'll have to remove all that stereo stuff, and replace those seats, how about knocking some off for that?"