How much HP do I have?

• Sponsors (?)

Well at least srtthis knows what Nitrous is, what it does, and how to use it, even if it is not his car...............which is more than I can say for the OP, who claims to have it on his car...........but does not want to or know how to use it, and if he did I would probably hear the "boom" way up here in the great Pacific NW.

i have a "basic" understanding of it lol

man, your so phuckin cool....nobody is as as cool as you with your race car...oh wait....it's not yours:leaving:

say what you want... i spend more time working on that car then you do on your car and i do on my car combined. it takes a few people to get a car that fast down a track on a tire that small.

who says the OP doesn't know how to use it? pretty damn simple if you ask me. haven't used it in about 2 years. but when I used it, it aint that hard... even your family could do it!

there is more to it then most people think honestly. well to do it right and do it safely there is.
its honestly why i believe nitrous has such a bad name because of people who have no idea what they are doing and melt a piston

there is more to it then most people think honestly. well to do it right and do it safely there is.
its honestly why i believe nitrous has such a bad name because of people who have no idea what they are doing and melt a piston

Yeah, but your version of using it (3 foggers) and his version of using it (1 nozzle plumbed in before the TB), are not the same.
It's easy, when all you have to do is read the instructions, fill the bottle, and push the button for your additional (insert weanie hp # here). No worries about BP, FP, Timing, or what the plugs look like.
But when you are dealing w/ bottle pressure(s) Dedicated fuel supplies, and delivery, delay timers, progressive initiation, multiple timing retards, flowing the system after a jet change (48 jets in your case) The $15.00 a gal C-16 (or whatever fuel you guys use) and Traction controls to get all of that sh it working and still get down the track,....I guess it might be a little more difficult. :shrug:

who says the OP doesn't know how to use it? pretty damn simple if you ask me. haven't used it in about 2 years. but when I used it, it aint that hard... even your family could do it!

I don't always use it

The-Most-Interesting-Man-in-the-World.jpg

but when I do, it ain't hard.

Yeah, but your version of using it (3 foggers) and his version of using it (1 nozzle plumbed in before the TB), are not the same.
It's easy, when all you have to do is read the instructions, fill the bottle, and push the button for your additional (insert weanie hp # here). No worries about BP, FP, Timing, or what the plugs look like.
But when you are dealing w/ bottle pressure(s) Dedicated fuel supplies, and delivery, delay timers, progressive initiation, multiple timing retards, flowing the system after a jet change (48 jets in your case) The $15.00 a gal C-16 (or whatever fuel you guys use) and Traction controls to get all of that sh it working and still get down the track,....I guess it might be a little more difficult. :shrug:
hes got to worry about some of that stuff also. not on the level we do but he still has stuff to worry about. a his bottle pressure still changes his tune up. his fuel pressure still changes the tune up. his timing still needs to be backed off as needed. he should really tune it on the dyno shutting it off at the top of the run and pulling plugs making adjustments to timing and fuel jet size as needed after its tuned on the motor to its peak set up. his tune wont be on the ragged edge like we are that it needs adjusted between runs based off air temp DA and all that other crap. when it cools off in the fall is go up a fuel jet size. and maybe a 1/2*-1* of timing backed off also

hes got to worry about some of that stuff also. not on the level we do but he still has stuff to worry about. a his bottle pressure still changes his tune up. his fuel pressure still changes the tune up. his timing still needs to be backed off as needed. he should really tune it on the dyno shutting it off at the top of the run and pulling plugs making adjustments to timing and fuel jet size as needed after its tuned on the motor to its peak set up. his tune wont be on the ragged edge like we are that it needs adjusted between runs based off air temp DA and all that other crap. when it cools off in the fall is go up a fuel jet size. and maybe a 1/2*-1* of timing backed off also
for 75hp? Who do you know that checks any of that on the average street system, spaying that "did it come on?" amount?

i did have it tuned before the supercharger was installed for use with nitrous and without it. i havent used the nitrous in a few years and probably wont. don't care that much to fill it and that chit costs about 65-70 bones to fill my bottle. ill pull a plug this weekend and see how she looks as i have been running the charger for about a week now with no tune. the guy i talked to wants 450 to tune it and he doesnt even use a dyno. its all done while driving it hooked up to his computer.

i did have it tuned before the supercharger was installed for use with nitrous and without it. i havent used the nitrous in a few years and probably wont. don't care that much to fill it and that chit costs about 65-70 bones to fill my bottle. ill pull a plug this weekend and see how she looks as i have been running the charger for about a week now with no tune. the guy i talked to wants 450 to tune it and he doesnt even use a dyno. its all done while driving it hooked up to his computer.

That sounds pretty sketch...how is he supposed to tune for wot on the streets?

Im sorry i was doing 140mph officer but were tuning a car... :nonono: