how much HP from bullitt intake, accufab tb, and tune

Slapyo

Admin Dude
Feb 8, 2003
Anaheim, CA
Tomorrow I am going to install my bullitt intake manifold that I sent out to Extrudehone. My accufab throttle body. Then my friend and I are going to dyno tune it with a SCT chip. What kind of gains you guys think I should expect?

My current numbers are: 239.5 RWHP / 279.7 RWTQ (those are Dynojet #'s, my friend has a Mustang Dynamometer)
My current mods are: Steeda UD Pulleys, Steeda T/A (16*)

We'll be removing the timing adjuster because we can change the timing with the chip now. So what are your guesses as to gains?

• Sponsors (?)

tough to say because i've never heard of a honed bullit intake on a near stock GT. my fear is that it will flow too well for your current setup and may actually cost you power depending on how much material was removed. a normal Bullit intake should give you a solid 25+ ft/lbs down low and 5-10rwhp peak.

bdcardinal said:
not quite sure, just be prepared it take that off when you smog the car. its only legal on 01 and older 4.6 stangs.

1st of all, even if it were illegal, they wouldn't know it. 2nd, it considered factory OEM replacement and therefore legal.

bdcardinal said:
they might notice its different. and i checked with the smog ref, he said its technically an engine change.

doesn't matter because it's OEM equipment. with that logic, replacing a bad throttle body with another factory throttle body would be illegal. which ofcoarse, it's not.

Well we didn't complete the install today. The connector for the alternator is different on the GT than it is on the Bullitt. So we had to order the pig tail from Ford and they will deliver it on Monday afternoon. Then we can put it on and dyno tune it.

My car has 33,000 miles on it and the fuel filter was damn near plugged so we replaced that.

The baseline dyno was: 239 RWHP / 283 RWTQ

Kind of interesting because when I had the dyno with the same mods, but on the Dynojet it gave the same numbers. My friend just had the guys from Mustang Dynamometer out and recalibrated everything and it was working perfect.

So anyways, we have to get that pig tail from Ford and then we can dyno tune it.