how much hp?

mike2858

Founding Member
Jul 10, 2002
West Long Branch Jersey.
how much of an hp increase is need to actual feel it- meaning installing a part then starting the car and noticing while driving around not putting a part onand taking it to the track and notice that your times have dropped .05 seconds because i dont think youd feel that

• Sponsors (?)

That is kind of a tricky question. Do you mean peak hp, or across the board? I would say about 10hp peak. I know when I installed my x-pipe, under 3k rpm the car seemed the same, but above that it started to scream.

I'm guessing torque gain plays a role in SOTP feeling as well?

I've noticed a slight gain when above 2 or 3k after I had magnaflows installed. Then again, that could be all in my head. :shrug:

Same here....I really felt an considerable hp/torque increase when I installed my LT headers and off-road X-pipe. I did not feel anything when I installed the 70mm TB, CAI and underdrive pulleys all together. I do hope to feel a huge difference next week after installing my KB S/C 9psi kit.

It depends on if your SOTP dyno is run by your mind or your butt. I have seen several people say that they felt a HUGE difference and they gained nothing or even lost all across the board. Sometimes the desire to get your money's worth takes over.

I felt the car pull harder about 3500rpms with pulleys
It felt stronger all the way with the LTs (I already had a High flow midpipe)
It felt tons stronger with gears
It feels a little stronger with the blower :D