how much is too much??

• Sponsors (?)

i've been in a 485rwhp (on slipping clutch) turbo 5.0 notchback with slicks.. that thing was nuts! Since it had the huge slicks on it, it would actually hook.. and when it got boost I couldn't believe how fast it was. That would be as much as i'd put into a DD car.. between 450-500, but thats me

well, i not really worried about racing cars when i hit the 500rwhp, i just like the way it feels. with that said, i will never feel it unless i get some kind of traction on the street. i dont want to crash......thats all im worried about, fishtailing out of control.

what kind of tires would you guys run om the street to help with the traction of a 500rwhp car?

well, i not really worried about racing cars when i hit the 500rwhp, i just like the way it feels. with that said, i will never feel it unless i get some kind of traction on the street. i dont want to crash......thats all im worried about, fishtailing out of control.

what kind of tires would you guys run om the street to help with the traction of a 500rwhp car?

Nitto DR's are good up to 500rwhp (some what) but they are the best DD tire for that hp. I can break them loose at 65 mph in 3rd.

yea i plan on stopping around 450rwhp. I think ill be good then, and over 500 ill pretty much leave it alone and in the garage andmake it strict drag car in which ill push it as much as i can and get as much as possible out of it. :)

nitto dr's...i guess thats the way to go. do they kick up alot of road dirt all over the paint on the car? how many miles do they last if not beat on?

sorry... for changing the subject but i figured that this relates and i did answer you question earlier.:D

Of all the DR's that I have personally tried, the Nitto's had the hardest compound and therefore the least traction. The M/T DR's were the stickiest I ever used. The Hoosier DR's came in a close second. Then you have BFG, Kumho, and a few others.

As long as you properly heat-in the DR's and regularly heat cycle them, they will last you a lot longer.

i used to drive around w/ 400rwhp. it was fun w/ 4.10's first 3 gears were pointless when in boost.

That being said, since that motor blew and i sold the supercharger, i'm now building a 700-800rwhp single turbo setup :D

I CANT WAIT!!! ohh, and this is my daily driver LOL

With the power I'm making (in my sig), my street tires are pretty much useless. I've once lost to a bone stock Subaru at the track because I couldnt get any traction in the first two gears. And going from a dig on the street: FORGET IT. Currently the only thing my car is good at is racing from a 40mph roll on the highway. I'm sure DRs would help me a LOT.

One of my buddies with a KB 2.8L 03 Cobra is making well over 600rwhp on stock Goodyears. Not surprinsgly, he has even more issues than me. I would be surprised if I can take him from 0-70 because his first three gears are pretty much useless.

Most would agree 500rwhp would be plenty, if you have the tires and suspension to support it.

I disagree that 600rwhp is too much to spend on a GT. If anything, those building their 600hp GTs are just making the car what it should've been before it left the Ford plant. :)