how much of a diff do 4.10's make

• Sponsors (?)

I wish I had gone to the track before my swap to know for sure but I would think about 5/10s if you get traction. I spin like crazy and my best 60 is 2.1 so far on street tires. I'm hoping for some runs on drag radials to get a better run.

Its the best mod for an auto. Hands down. Youll never look back. Traction isnt too bad, and its fine with some decent tires and warm weather. Made my car so much more fun, and so much quicker. I would hate to have less than 4.10s now!!!!

i got mine from mustangtuning.com last week,i went with the motiv gears for 2 reasons ive been told they have less gear whine and they were on sale for $132 , i got a guy going to install them here hopefully next week for $60, looks like im getting a good deal

i am goin to the shop today (saturday) and getting 4.10s installed on my 98 gt auto., along with rebuild kit, and speedo fixed.. quoted 565 for everying. 2nite i was kinda second guessing it, but after reading this post... thanks stangnet!

joshheat25 said:
Nice I wonder if the Motives are really up to par with the FRPP
Motives typically require much more shimming the the FFRP. This is also the first I have heard of people complaining about FFRP's having whine. Usually it is the other companies.

It's all in how you set up your rearend. If you take the time to do it right it won't whine.

I have FFRP is the back on mine and have no issues.

When reading how to pages on the web about installing gears they always talk about how anything other than FRPP gears will be a more difficult install due to having to set the pinion shim or something. You might want to use Google to investigate that. I am not sure of the exact details but I get the feeling FRPP gears are an easier install.

Also you will need magnetic base dial gauge and inch pound torque wrench to do install I believe...