How much of the modern mustang is made USA?

• Sponsors (?)

Build right here in Flat Rock Michigan!!!

I like your thinking!! Definitely help out the cause and buy american from american companies! I wonder how much of these after market parts are made in the U.S?

I have been looking at springs and saw that HR are built in Germany?? I know the Germans make some great cars but I like supporting the American worker.

I was drawn to Steeda because A. they are having a sale on Springs :) and 2. they are American Made.

I know this going to be be the age old debate... Well your computer and everything are made in China, but i try to go the distance and buy state made products/american made products. Call me crazy but every little bit helps...

New ones are about 65% US/Canadian parts. Final assembly is in Michigan. Manual trans comes from China. :nonono: I think engines and auto transmissions are both US sourced now, by I'm not 100% sure. The old 4.0L V6 and 5-speed auto where from Germany and France respectively.

Unless things have changed in the last year or so, the last time I checked the Toyota Camry had the highest percentage of US-sourced parts, and is also assembled in Kentucky.

Of course, there is also the consideration of where the profits are going, but that also gets very complicated since profits made by US companies are often used to pay for foreign-sourced stuff. Apple products are largely made off-shore, and the profits come to a US-based company, but then go back off-shore.

All US car manufacturers outsource, but their profits come home, then go back off-shore. There are probably as many, if not more, "foreign cars" manufactured in this country right now, than units from the traditional US manufacturers, and of course that means US citizens with good jobs building those foreign cars. Kias are made in Georgia, Hyundai and Mercedes in Alabama, BMW in SC, Subaru in IN, Toyota in KY, and on and on.

"Buying US" doesn't necessarily mean what many would like to think it does, but I agree that it is important to try to support traditional US companies as sources of national pride. But, as the old saying goes, "it all depends upon how you do the accounting."