How much oil does your stang use?

MadMatt5oh

Jan 10, 2003
St Paul, MN
I havent driven my car much and wont have the ability to do so until the salt is gone. One thing worries me. Oil consumption! She's real tight and all stock with no leaks (at all) but I still no nothing about how much oil these engines burn. You guys can knock Chevys all you want but my Beretta at 191k does burn a drop in 3000 miles.

Can I expect the same thing with my baby as she is with 61k or 161k easy loved miles?

What can I expect after I do the inevidible HCI or tmoss ported intake with Thumper heads ( all new valves of course :) ) ?

Lets here em' fellas! How much oil? :bang: HOW MUCH DAMMIT :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Couldn't tell ya exactally how much it can burn that all depends on the eingine and valve seats... Mine leaks oil from rear main seal again, so its down maybe 1/2-1 quart when i go to change it.. But it is normal for any car to be 1/2 a quart low every 3-5k for the oil change either from burning or leaking..

My car usually uses a quart every 3,000 miles or so and always has. But it now has a bad leak in the rear (but I changed the rear main seal at the last clutch job ?!?!) so it uses a quart every 600-700 miles now. But it is almost all leaking... I can't leave it in the driveway for more than a few minutes, or it drips.

I hate to say this, but mine uses 1 qt. a week. Before I bought car in Aug. last year, it had a Powerdyne S/C on a rebuilt motor. I bought the car w/o the S/C and I'm going to have a compression test done soon to find out what's wrong. But it does use up a LOT of oil.

My cars also uses about a quart or a little less between oil changes,but i pulled my intake a few days ago and found oil in the intake appeared to be a bad pcv valve but i see you guys are saying Gt-40 and cobra intakes are bad about sucking oil through PCV valve is there a way to fix that??

Thanks guys, well I guess it just depends on the condition of the engines in our cars. Ok! Well, as far a I can see (and the more I think about it) Mine doesnt leak she's probably not going to consume much either. It was -4 below and I started it with never blue out the tails. Even at 3-4g revs. - Im a wuss, Im not sure I'll ever be able to drive this car fast or be rough on it :)

ashford said:
about a half a quart oil consumtion every 3000 mile is considered good, if an engine doesn't use any oil that means the rings arn't getting lubed.
thats a new one on me. please elaborate. if this is so, half of the new honda/acuras, lexus/toyotas, etc out there have rings hurting for oil.
(Im not trying to start a BS war, just never heard that; hence my asking for elaboration). thank you.