How much power am I looking at with these mods?

Cobra18

May 4, 2004
How much power am I looking at with these mods on a 04 Cobra? Estimate the rear wheel and crank horse power. Also, are these a good choice of mods? Can any of these significantly hurt the car in the long run?

Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter
Nitto NT-555 Radials
Diablo Predator Tuner
Billet Flow 2.93" Pulley
K&N Fuel Injection Kit
Bassani Catalytic X Pipe
Bassani Catback Exhaust
Billet Flow Throttle Body
Gatorback 2.93" Pulley Belt
Billet Flow 4 Piece Idler Set
Auto Meter Dual Gauge Pod
Stainless Bumper Letter Inserts
Auto Meter Fuel Pressure Gauge
Auto Meter Boost Vacuum Gauge
MM Full Length Subframe Connectors

• Sponsors (?)

Maybe 460-475rwhp with a good tune, huge tq #'s probably the same if not more. Crank you are probably looking 540 or so. All those mods look to be very good. Good Luck. :nice: As far as hurting the car in the long run, anytime you start messing with the blower and uping your boost, you are taking a chance, just how it is. :( The tune will play a big part with those mods. I think if the tune is right you should be OK. :D

Lets say I went with just the Bassani CB and mid pipe with a K&N FIPK. With those three bolt ons a tuner isn't really needed. I'll also get the Steeda Trix and 4 nittos. How much power do you think I'd be putting out now? 400 RWHP, 450 crank?

Cobra18 said:
Lets say I went with just the Bassani CB and mid pipe with a K&N FIPK. With those three bolt ons a tuner isn't really needed. I'll also get the Steeda Trix and 4 nittos. How much power do you think I'd be putting out now? 400 RWHP, 450 crank?

Actually you'd be missing out on quite a bit of power AND safety if you didn't use a tuner, even with just those basic mods. Bolting those three mods on without a tune will get you just over the 400 RWHP mark. Throw in a good tune and there's another 20 or more RWHP that was hiding. On top of that you can make sure your air/fuel ratio is where it should be. If you buy a Bassani mid-pipe you'll have the ability to remove the cats if you want. With the tuner you can shut off the O2 sensors after removal, or you could purchase a set of MIL eliminators though. A tuner is great investment, just ensure you purchase one from a source with good customer support.

Forget about crank horsepower numbers. Nobody but the manufacture cares about those. Plus nobody knows what the actual percentage of drive train loss there is for the IRS. I've heard anywhere from 12-17%. :shrug:

It's really all about what makes it to the ground!

U.M.

Dr. Wu 2000 said:
As far as hurting the car in the long run, anytime you start messing with the blower and uping your boost, you are taking a chance, just how it is. :( The tune will play a big part with those mods. I think if the tune is right you should be OK. :D

The car won't be a daily driver. It will be taken to the track once in awhile and will be mainly used for week ends. id 475/540 too much power for a street car? What kind of problems can errupt? Remember, its not a daily driver.

Cobra18 said:
The car won't be a daily driver. It will be taken to the track once in awhile and will be mainly used for week ends. id 475/540 too much power for a street car? What kind of problems can errupt? Remember, its not a daily driver.
Too much power for a street car, no way. I just got back from the dyno yesterday because I thought the snake had lost a little for some reason, didn't feel as strong, and I made 429 at the wheels, more than before. As
long as you can drive it safely and feel comfortable with it, 475rwhp is not a bad thing at all. There are guys that are pushing 600rwhp with a Kenne Bell and they are street driven, no problems. :D As soon as you feel you are not in control of the car, that's when you are making too much power. :nice: As far as problems erupting, the only one's I have is wanting to get on it too much and attracting attention, and not the good kind. :notnice: