How Much Power Will This Make?

Just going nuts on whether to pull the trigger on this deal! Don't want to spend the money on one hand, to good to pass up on the other.
I'd be all over it! The t trim I looked at was 2k alone and I was tempted after getting a ride with it. I did think he was asking a little to much(it was used and had been rebuilt once). Seems to me every time I run across a deal moneys be tight!

• Sponsors (?)

Like the other have stated a bigger head would really help you here! I've seen the new Ti trim make 1000 fwhp in some recent testing so you may want to consider having the compressor upgraded too! With the 185 head I would suspect 620 rwhp is doable without killing the blower rpm wise.

They still make the 185 cylinder head you may have an older casting but they are all still the same. As far as the T trim head unit even being 10 years old you can send it in to be upgraded to the new Ti trim for a minimal cost over a typical rebuild. PM if you are considering upgrading the head unit and I can put you in touch with someone who can help you with that.

Thanks 84Ttop, I won't be doing anything with the blower anytime soon though. I haven't had any trouble with it, but it has probably 8-10k hard miles on it with a small pulley. How long do they usually go before they need a rebuild?​

A lot of these head units last a long time! Its hard to say really how long it will last but as long as it has good oiling and the impeller stays away from anybdebris you should be good. Bearing failures are usually oiling related. I met a guy at PRI that has an a trim with serial number 40 and its still running flawlessly...

That's good to hear! I run synthetic oil and it probably has never seen 1000 miles between changes. On the down side I run the belt super tight to get 15 psi, motor turns a lot of RPM, and I've pounded the snot out of it. The bearings are supposed to be able to hold up to a cog drive, which I've never used, so they must be pretty rugged. I just checked, mine is number 28310