How much RWHP?

There is a thread running on the Mustang Source forums that is from Tillman's and on the kit install. They are actually putting that same kit on a car now, and running the dyno.

The hold up from numbers have been that their dyno broke down. So Tillman's is waiting on the dyno parts.

JDM has also done the kit, and has a YouTube vid of it on the dyno. Mind you that they installed it on a built motor, so that may be why they did not post numbers.

I am looking at the ede kit myself. It is a very clean install from what I read of the instructions, and the S/C itself is nicely done. With the parts that come with the kit, our cars should have no issues running. Tilmans kit is bringing the 500 GT pumps, and a tune they have setup. (inc with the open CIA from Ede option).

Remember that Tillman's is trying to be the premier Ede reseller, so you know they are going to do everything in their power to have this go smooth. Hopefully the numbers will be up today.

• Sponsors (?)

Okay I completely disagree with that statement. The amount of PSI does not determine your limit. There are lots of people at 13-14 PSI with a supercharger on stock engine. I have 12 PSI and never had any engine issues. Besides, the different superchargers/turbos create different power levels so you can't say that 12 PSI is the limit because you may be able to do 12-13 PSI on a Saleen but only 8 PSI on a turbo setup because it is more eficcient at creating cylinder pressure. Different results from different setups.

I have not seen many people blow their motors but those that have are usually running too lean, not enough octane or over-rev the engine.

The enemy is pre-detonation and you can run 500 RWHP as long as you dont start pinging from being too lean or from lower octane fuel. Dont rev the stock rods over 6200 RPM.

A turbo was never mentioned in the OP. I didn't think that I need to add one more variable in my very short and sweet explanation. If we're going to add more variables than why not talk about OEM "blemish" parts. There are plenty of cars with weak rods that blow when you look at them the wrong way. There are plenty of cars that have seen excess of 500+ rwhp with the stock block. There are a lot of variables that can effect anything ..

The KB BAP won't do anything if you have a bad tune that is running too lean.

Stock GT pumps can generally be pushed into the mid 400s with changes in the tune to effect voltage, etc to the pump and injectors.

That's true, that is why I told him to get a custom tune on a dyno and not a mail order tune.

With a mail order tune, he won't know if he is lean or not.

The KB BAP allows the stock pump to give you adequate fuel flow, assuming the tune you get is correct.

Without GT500 pumps or a BAP, I guarantee you he will not have adequate fuel supply at 450-460 RWHP, will be lean, and will blow it up.

My stock pump pooped out at 387 RWHP without the BAP. :nono:

Read KB's documents on the BAP.

http://www.kennebell.net/techinfo/general-info/BAPtheory_kens.pdf

http://www.kennebell.net/techinfo/general-info/fuelpumptech.pdf

As long as the dyno tune is from someone that's reputable and has the knowledge. I've seen far too many "dyno tunes" that looked like they tuned it with their eyes closed. I know it's not the regurgitated information that everyone spills online but I've seen plenty of S197s with stock fuel pumps that were able to support 400-450 rwhp. There is a lot the tuner can do to increase fuel pump output between the pump and injectors. I wouldn't say that the stock fuel pump would be able to operate under those conditions for a "long" time. I'm sure running more voltage, etc to the fuel pump will decrease longevity of the pump in the long run. My car is going to be running the stock fuel pump, temporarily, with the Roush TVS kit so I'll be able to post some results soon as I get it tuned at VMP Tuning.

How about a tuner in Minneapolis? You could do the install yourself, use an SCT X3 with a custom (super conservative tune) to get you to Minneapolis (staying OUT of the boost), and then have it tweaked on a dyno?

That is what I did...my own install, used an X3 with a conservative tune to get to my local dyno shop, then he set me up.

Just an idea.

_________

NastyStang, I can't believe the stock pump without a BAP can support the TVS even for a little bit. Are you supercharged right now already? If not, you will be amazed. Mine only has 37 pound injectors, and I am telling you my stock pump is running lean at only 387 HP without the BAP!

I don't think it is going to work unless you put a giant pulley on there and really de-rate that TVS to 400-425 or so.

Just drop the extra $250 and add a BAP. Kenne Bell uses the BAP on the twin-screws on tunes exceeding 500HP. It works.

If I was going to add a Roush TVS I would put GT500 pumps in or a BAP at a minimum. Why save $250-$750 (fuel upgrade) on a $6,000 blower and risk ruining your engine?