how much should i pay for 3in chrome tips??

Ricers install fart cans for the sound or performance whatever. It just so happens they are at the back of the car, end of the exhaust system. Tips are to slide over part of the actual end of the piping on mustang exhaust for a better look. Slash cut, rolled, whatever. A tip and a fart can are 2 totally different things. 3 inch piping on a 150hp motor is where your going to loose back pressure not with having larger tips on smaller diameter piping. That makes no difference in backpressure at all. Its at the end so the exhaust is leaving the pipes anyway.:rolleyes:

• Sponsors (?)

Dual 3" tips on a mustang that looks like its supposed to have duals (and that includes a V6 as long as it looks right) is not ricey. That makes no sense to me. Your comparison is skewed somewhat. I do think that above 3" is a bit much; mine are in fact 3" and they look nice imo. There should be a few pics on the website if you are interested. But, its the imports that run the big a@$$ muffler that hangs down from under the bumper with a 4" wide x 4" long tip that looks ricey. 3" tips on a dual setup on a stang that are long enough (mine are around 18-20") look nice and blend well with the system. It doesn't matter if the tubing is 2.25" or not. I just dont get that statement. But to each his own...

ElectricTang said:
Ricers install fart cans for the sound or performance whatever.

Lets see what we got here...

>Mustang guy: installs headers for better power/sound
>Honduh guy: don't install a header
>Mustang guy: installs better mufflers for power/sound
>Honduh guy: installs a fart can for better power/sound

Sounds the same so fair to me :scratch:

>Mustang guy: installs a 2-3" bigger tail pip tip for sound
>Honduh guy: has no room for a 18-24" long tip thats 3-5" ID

Your right there is a difference...Mustang/FBody guys/girls who installs 3-5" ID tips x 18-24" on top of a aftermarket muffler system is going one/two step(s) more than a ricer to make his car sound and look cool. But yet you are still better than he/she is just because you got a American car built by Foriegners and assemmbled in the U.S :flag:

electrictang said:
3 inch piping on a 150hp motor is where your going to loose back pressure not with having larger tips on smaller diameter piping.

Who said anything about loosing back pressure :shrug: Crap my 150rwhp car would scream bloody hell if I installed a 3" exhaust system and it lost back pressure. My car responds fantastic without any back pressure but its a different story from your car. I'm talking about ADDING back pressure. Like by adding a large ID after the muffler creates a Vortec effect that swirls back up the exhaust pipe. This happens all the time to scavenge the cyl head(s). Now to much pressure would cause it to start pulling fuel out of the system when the valves are opened to release burnt fuel.

Pro-Hawk said:
I wonder what the dyno numbers would show with and without a larger than ID exhaust pip tips:scratch: I mean your just screwing up the back pressure on your car and something has to give? .

The point Im getting at was tips have absolutely no effect on anything they are just for looks

ElectricTang said:
The point Im getting at was tips have absolutely no effect on anything they are just for looks

Why does this sound like where going in circles :scratch: Do you even understand back pressure or how the exhaust systems works :shrug: I feel like I'm talking to a ricer...you know the people who just bolt crap on and says it does this or that. Its like a 5.0L guy who runs out and installs a set of BBK headers on his stock mustang. Crap its been proven there are guys whos times have been slowed down by doing this and that the stock headers has put fox bodies into the 12's. Exhaust systes is a science and by makeing the ID of the pipe after the muffler bigger you run the risk of screwing up a perfectly good system. This includes adding something as simple as a bigger exhaust tip. I'll have to dig around and look for some imfo to post on this so maybe you will research it some. In fact if I'm not mistaken that poping (back fireing) you hear on those F-Bodies ( mostly them who runs this crap) racing down the strip is over scavaging of the chambers in the heads. This is cause by the bigger tips and the added back pressure they create. The extar fuel that is scavanged is sucked out the exhaust system and explodes when it hits the hot exhaust system. Don't quote me on that untill I double check it when I run a search.

SpectorV said:
chrome is worthless it will just rust and flake in a matter of no time... ONLy buy stainless steel tips, regardless of what anyone else tells you chrome tips are POS.

If you take care of your chrome and polish it every time you wash the car, they will last you a long time. Not nearly as long as stainless, that's true...but compare $50 for a pair to $150 for a single stainless and you can give me the chrome any day...plus it's sooooooo shiney..... :D

after your mufflers you dont really even need tails and you wont lose much backpressure...i've seen a mustang that just had two short tails pointed straight down...you lose some sound by doing that but then people drive by and see v6 stang with a v6 bumper and hear the exhaust and are like WTF?

I mean I do have a 2.25" exhaust, and my catback setup came with 3" tips and i didnt really have the money to change them, but they will fit nicely in the GT bumper cover when i finally get it...

Thats how there suppose to look. I need to get mine tucked up a little more. :D . I guess they're 3 Inch, they were like 15 buck i believe and are about a foot long. they are triple dipped so they are not suppose to rust if ever. No signs yet. :rolleyes:

attachment.php