how much should this cost?

• Sponsors (?)

well a good shop is gonna run you $80 an hour, and if they can do it in a day, thats $640-720 right there, then the kit is around $2300 with gaskets and all with the shop im gonna say around $3100-3200 and thats around normal prices..

do it yourself (easy as ****) and you save that $640-720!!

Owning a modified older car and not being able to do the mechanic work yourself = empty wallet & a car that never runs right. All kinds of things break, need TLC, adjustments and tuning once you start to modify the basic automobile. If you aren't up to it, buy a newer car and save yourself the grief.

jricker is telling the truth!!!!

a basic top end bolt on is not hard. some guys could do it in a day..it took me forever but i got it done....also had to pull my intake off and on about 3 times so i ranked up a good amount of $ just in gaskets. but even with all my mistakes i still saved a ton of money my whole setup w/ gt40 heads and gt40/exploder intake was less than a grand!

I heard of shops charging $900 to put on headers or to replace a water pump, for a H/C/I you're going to PAY!

It seems like shops get nervous around a fox, they act like its powered by a nuclear reactor or something... it’s strange. Like said before, learn how to do the work yourself, working on a fox is not hard at all.

well i know its not all that hard, but i really didnt want to do it myself and have somethin blow up here in a week and just be out that much cash, this place has a warranty on everything they touch so i really dont have to worry about it blowing up...

Come on man, its really not that hard at all! Just follow strict guidelines and take your time. You will be that much more proud of your car and what you did to it. The forums help and alot of people would be more than happy to do a write up on what to do and have it not blow up. These cars are not hard to work on nor are the engines. I just put together my whole engine together in 6.5 hours last saturday. Signing a check and having someone else do the work on your car doesn't get any respect from me.

I have never put together anything like heads and intake until I decided to rip my entire engine out of my 86. I read and researched all I could especially from this site and ended up building a 331 over two months this past spring. I did the entire job myself with a little direction and assistance and ened up taking it the 1/4 mile this past week!

If you are willing to tackle it and it's not your dd give it a try! otherwise like everyone else said........save your money