How much will a vic. jr. help me?

orangecapri

Dec 16, 2002
Alden, KS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With my combo how much could I possibly pick up with a vic. jr. over the torker 2? Ive heard nothing but bad things about the torker2. I havent had any problems with it and the car runs good. I have yet to run it at the track like this but I have a chance to pick a vic. jr up for $100 and trade my torker2 for it. The intake is brand new too so I dont think id be losing anything. Im not worried about low end, this is more of a street/track car but mostly weekend warrior out on the streets. Heres my combo. And what do you guys think it might run? Im thinking high 12's around 106 or so hopefully on slicks.
built 308 with around 9.5:1 compression
gt40p heads untouched but milled .030
tfs stage 1 cam stock roller lifters
torker 2 intake with 1" open spacer
holley 650dp with 67 jets in front and 71's in back I think I need bigger in back as it is a little lean
canton 7qt. pan
bbk shorty headers,bbk off road h-pipe,flowmasters all 2.5"
msd billet dist. msd 6al, msd blaster 3 coil, accel wires
t5 with upr shifter
8.8 with working posi and 3.73 gears
fms upper control arms
mm lowers
fms c springs and gabriel shocks and struts
car weighs around 3000lbs with me in it. Has draglites on it skinnies in front and all runs will be made with 26x9 hoosier slicks in back.

• Sponsors (?)

i have a vic jr NIB.. good intake. One of the best rated as far as any of there intakes goes.. its worth a shot... but you really need to stick with a dual plane

What's the powerband on the camshaft? If I'm not mistaken, the Victor Jr. makes its power between 3,500-8,000 rpms. Keep that in mind when deciding. With those heads, I would use an RPM Airgap. I think the Victor Jr. would be too much for those heads.