How Much Would You Offer?

• Sponsors (?)

How much would you offer for this car? It's a 93 4 banger auto I think around 150k miles. He says it runs, but the pullies look rusty, the master cylinder looks empty, one of the heater hoses looks busted, the tires are shot, I highly doubt the a/c works and he conveniently left out a pic of a dent in the right rear. The interior looks ok, but there appears to be no carpet on the driver side. I'm going to see it tomorrow, just wondered how low you would go ;)
1801191_10202258149128402_1688501377_o.jpg

1669868_10202258149888421_659360897_o.jpg

1796895_10202258150328432_1207359786_o.jpg

agree, it looks pretty rust free and you can check out the floor boards etc with no carpet...the pulleys rust just sitting anyway ...and... you get a free air gun :)

Reactions: 1 users
You guys are being way to generous, I wouldn't pay more then $350. I'm sure you're doing the guy a favour by getting it out of his yard. Factor in gas going to pick it up, a trailer rental if you don't have one, gas etc. Look at the BIG picture.

I paid $750 for this car a few years ago...

IMG_0242.jpg

It was in similar condition to what you are looking at, but it is a 5-speed car which I think it very important. If it is more than $600 I would just walk away. It takes a lot to get them back into shape.

You thinking about two projects now :confused:
Becareful with adding to the plate, but yes $500 would be fair.

I took it home for $660 including a 30 mile tow! My wife wasn't thrilled to have another project either:mad:, but it cranked right up, all the fluids looked good and no rust. My ranger is one giant band-aid now, so I was looking for a DD that I can throw some of my spare/take-off parts on. I'm the third owner, it's been sitting in a barn on a farm since 2004. All the trim is there, it has the factory cassette player, all original manuals and he bought new door and sunroof seals but didn't install them. He installed a new master cylinder and wheel cylinders but there is no pedal. He didn't bleed them right or he didn't bench bleed it :(

The last guy bought it wanting to do a V8 swap but lost motivation. He was trying to sell the car and all of his crappy stock parts that have been sitting outside for $3k. He threw in a set of 5spd pedals and some extra interior pieces too. The right rear fender is a little rough, but I think I can make it decent. I'm going to get the brakes working, change the plugs and fluids, throw in some carpet and rock it! I have a bunch of stock stuff I took off my V8 car I might put on here. Like brakes, sway bars, rear springs, a-arms and control arms and what ever else is laying around. Pics to follow...

Not a snob at all man. I have come to realize that if you are willing to just save up a little more and spend more on a nice car youll save a lot of money in the long run.

You can spend 500 on that and have to redo EVERYTHING or spend 1500-2000 on a very nice clean 5.0 or 4cyl. That saves you a ton of money on body work, paint, etc etc etc

Not a snob at all man. I have come to realize that if you are willing to just save up a little more and spend more on a nice car youll save a lot of money in the long run.

You can spend 500 on that and have to redo EVERYTHING or spend 1500-2000 on a very nice clean 5.0 or 4cyl. That saves you a ton of money on body work, paint, etc etc etc

I have a garage full of parts from fox bodies so it seemed like a good deal rather than trying to sell my stock V8 parts for next to nothing. It was a good investment for me, but I know where you are coming from. I looked at some rough ones :eek: